Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Kliovance, breast pain and some bleeding  (Read 10363 times)

Linda C

Kliovance, breast pain and some bleeding
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:33:34 PM »

I have only been taking Kliovance for 2 months. I am 59.

I started HRT post menopause after 8 years without periods. I didn't even recognise my symptoms could be due to menopause. I bled very heavily before my periods stopped, I didn't suffer too badly with hot flushes and thought I had got off fairly lightly compared to friends.

However, over the last 8 years I have suffered from lots of aches and pains, sleeplessness, anxiety and absoloutely no libido! I  just put all these things down to getting older and other things going on in my life. I then happened to hear a Women's Hour programme about the menoapause and heard some women talking about symptoms like mine. So off I went to my GP to request HRT explaining that I woudn't continue with it unless it really helped me as I am adopted and don't know my family history of breast cancer.

My anxiety has lessened. I am sleeping better. I think, but not sure that my aches and pains are improving. No improvement in libido. But, my breasts are very painful, my husband can't even cuddle me! I have had some bleeding after 8 years of none!

I wondered if I should ask for a lower dose or different preparation when I see the GP in a months time. Is it worth changing yet or should I continue? Is breast tenderness a common problem?

Linda C

Re: Kliovance, breast pain and some bleeding
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 03:36:55 PM »

Oh, and by the way, I have had prolapse surgery for a significant cystocele and the HRT is definitely improving the feel/texture of my "girly bits!" My physio has been recommending HRT for some time!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 05:17:49 PM »

Hi Linda C and welcome to MM
I'm not sure whether the tender breasts will settle down or not - hopefully somebody on a conti HRT like yours will be able to answer this.
You are using a continuous HRT and it tend to be the progesteone that make the breasts tender and on this regime you use progesterone all the time. I'm 58 and when I tried a conti HRT I did get tender breasts which I didn't like. I'm using Oestrogel with Utrogestan but sequentially (so I get a withdrawal bleed) so I only get sore breasts for a short time while I'm on the Utrogestan.  Maybe try something like Femoston but the sequi version so you don't have tender breasts all the time.
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left to this screen to get really clued up and get back to us with questions.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:46:52 PM »

Hi Linda C

:welcomemm:

Well done for getting HRT prescribed for the first time just in time before you reach 60 when you might encounter more resistance - and also best to start while under this age and within 10 years of menopause according to the latest recommendations.

Just to add you might like to try a different preparation of continuous combined HRT - like Femoston conti - before trying a cyclical HRT, to see if this has less of an effect on your breasts?

I'm like Dancinggirl - I use oestrogen patches and progesterone on a 6-8 week cycle so only have the progesterone effects for a short time.

Hurdity x

Linda C

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:44:01 AM »

Thank you for your replies. My women's physio examined me as I have had a dramatic worsening of my incontinence. She said she felt I was on too high a dose as my vagina was really quite swollen and puffed up and that my incontinence might also be due to things being slacked off too much. I have had regular private physio for 3 to four years now to keep an eye on my pelvic floor following surgery as I am very active and have to lift some weights. This worsening of incontinence is unusual and sudden.

Anyway, I have now got a GP appointment and will go armed with everyone's advice and the info on this wonderfully informative site.

Having read about Livial on here, I do wonder about that too as the beast tenderness is quite extreme and I don't have any libido!