Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So Angry!  (Read 10461 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So Angry!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 03:51:40 PM »

A few years ago a young lad was riding his cycle on the wrong side of the road around a blind corner  ::) - a kid I had watched grow up and I knew his parents.  He knew that I knew  ;)

So I took him 2 one side ……… because no 1 had pointed the issues out 2 him he was unaware.  Sorted!

I also get angry about Mums who allow their children to stand in shopping trolleys! so I did point out to a young Mum the potential dangers of head injury.  She as quite mouthy and walked away, however, later she came back and thanked me for telling her.  She had never considered the possibility that Life would change in an instant if the toddler had fallen.  I would prefer to get a mouthful of ******* and know that I had tried to educate and advise  ;)

I was good at handing dog owners a 'spare' poo bag too  ;D

Judith57

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 07:40:41 PM »

I have had an e-mail from The Royal Borough of Greenwich stating that they have forwarded my e-mail to the Highways Agency  :-\. I have finished work for the week now so will take a stroll down there tomorrow to check the current situation  :-\. I think what upset me so much was the fact that this was a brand new bridge built at huge expense for everyone to enjoy and a few youths had absolutely no respect for the bridge or anything it represented. It made me really sad as well. How dare they  :'(

By the way, if anyone is interested, if you google 'new bridge over Deptford Creek' you can see a video of the bridge opening for the first time to let a vessel through.....or would that be too anorak ish?

Just thought of another thing, what is this strange craze of adults using child scooters? Commuters now get the train into London with their scooters and then use them like children on the pavements to complete their journey, it is so dangerous, they are not little four year olds.... >:(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:47:54 PM by Judith57 »

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »

;D ……… there are kids in all of us at times but I agree: and don't get me started on old age buggys  :-X

What is it with parents who try to placate the child by allowing them to ride scooters/bikes to School then carry them home again - repeating the process at 3.30 p.m.  >:( ………. and if they have to go into the Store on their way home, the scooter/bike has to go in with them so gets in the way.  I see that some Zoos are stopping children taking such toys in as they are posing to be dangerous to other visitors  ::)

Not too anorak-ish at all!  I love looking at places either on TV or on here - means I can travel without anxiety ;-) and thanks for the Link!

Suzi Q

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »

YOUD HAVE HATED ME !!!! I WAS A HOLY TERROR
THE CHILD AND TEEN FROM HELL
Till I was 16 and joined the WRENS
Then I was a goodie 2 shoes at work but at play
OHHHHH boy Id be the one dancing on the NAFFI tables hehehe

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »

;D ……… there are kids in all of us at times but I agree: and don't get me started on old age buggys  :-X

What is it with parents who try to placate the child by allowing them to ride scooters/bikes to School then carry them home again - repeating the process at 3.30 p.m.  >:( ………. and if they have to go into the Store on their way home, the scooter/bike has to go in with them so gets in the way. 

It's not trying to placate the child but parents taking on board the advice to try to get children out and about more and to journey to school by bike, scooter or on foot rather than in the car. They have to carry them home again as there is nowhere in a primary school to store them. I can remember that it's not much fun carrying home bikes and scooters!  The same goes for shops - if you leave it outside then you run the risk of it being stolen.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »

So DON'T do it  :bang: :bang: :bang: those mothers will be complaining of bruised shins and bad backs!

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »

CLKD, mums do stuff to please the kids...because we want to not because we don't.

My kids often rode bikes or skateboards or scooters to school and yes I trailed them home and returned at the end of the day with the bike so they could ride home.

And I never complained either  ;D.. It was a good chance of a shot of a scooter anyway  ;)

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »

;D ……. can't remember when I last tried to ride a scooter ……..

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »

Exactly....I was a dab hand on a skateboard too  ;D

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 04:19:44 PM »

ooohhhh - I would never have dared to use a skate board  ::) - now roller skates were OK!

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:47 PM »

And down a hill too. Did I mention I sat on it  ;D....lots of mums having a go....really funny when I think back...the grown ups acting like kids

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 04:23:47 PM »

That's absolutely fine - we are all kids at heart  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]