Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bloating!!!  (Read 4121 times)

Sazduggs

Bloating!!!
« on: March 06, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »

Hi,

I am terribly bloated, I actually look 7 months preggers!!! Can someone tell me what it is that causes bloating? How can I stop it? I'm not sure if it's estrogen related or bowel related, all I do know is that it makes me feel bluh!!!

Ju Ju

Re: Bloating!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:29:35 PM »

Are you bloated all the time or is your tummy fairly flat 1st thing and gradually bloats as the day goes on?

Sazduggs

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 01:09:50 PM »

Usually if I bloat it's food related but at the moment (last 2 weeks) it's all the time! Since I started evorwl 100, it's horrid my belly is usually flat and fairly smooth but at the mo it just looks like jelly and tyre like!!!

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 07:08:24 PM »

If your tummy is bloated all the time, then I suggest you check with your doctor. If it builds up during the day, then it is likely to be related to digestive issues. I have IBS and at times this happens to me, but bloating that doesn't go down should be highlighted with a doctor as it can be a symptom of something more serious.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:10:13 PM »

I get bloated when I haven't been to the loo.  Makes me feel nauseous and fat and lazy.

Rhubarb

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 02:21:54 AM »

I get terrible bloating too, usually at the end of the day so I think for me it's mainly food related. Hormones may be a factor too, as you can be bloated before a period, and my bloating seems to be occurring mainly since perimenopause started.  When I'm changing clothes for bed I catch sight of myself in the mirror and can't believe how pregnant I look. By morning I'm usually back down to normal. Probably passing wind all night long and didn't know it ;D  But I agree you should definitely check with your doctor to be on the safe side in case it's something else.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 04:53:41 PM »

My pre-menstrual bloatedness was due to water retention - I would get wheezy too  :-\

tiger74

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 09:07:30 PM »

Can someone tell me what it is that causes bloating?

Could be all sorts of things so, as others have suggested, a visit to the doctor sounds like a good idea.

Sazduggs

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »

Thanks everyone,

I had a laparoscopy in dec for a pre hyx look around and all is ok so I know its nothing sinister, it's either bowel or evorel

Xx