Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: estrogel to estradot  (Read 8553 times)

donnacrichton

estrogel to estradot
« on: February 07, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »

Hi have been reducing estrogel as symptoms are high estrogen. I was down to 3 pumps and a third of a pump a day. Still showing high. I have had bloods done and been moved to estradot 75. Does anyone know what that is equivalent to in estrogel pumps. Still got headache breast tenderness and jitters. I know to expect it rough when moving x

donnacrichton

Re: estrogel to estradot
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 10:54:39 AM »

Really scared last 24 hours are awful. Tender breasts and headache gone so dose was definitely too high. I am having continual flushes one after another and cant stop sobbing. Is this just the drastic drop in estrogen or is this too small?

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 12:56:02 PM »

I was told 3 pumps was equivalent to Estradot 50. Not sure about Estradot 75. Hope that helps.

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 01:18:07 PM »

Thank you had bloods done must just be the change to patch. I worry the least symptom and panic worried patch was too low.x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »

Maybe it's a slower absorption rate.

Hope you feel better soon.

Honeyb
x

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 02:40:40 PM »

Thank you never thought of that. Really struggling today only switched on Wednesday was hoping for improvement when levels had dropped

Suzyq

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »

It all takes time! If your estrogen was too high then it will not drop immediately. I find any change takes a week or two to settle in - persevere. I did find estradot much more stable in terms of doseage so try to be patient and give it time to work ...

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 05:32:54 PM »

Hi donnacrichton

I've never used gel but I've never had any problems with absorption from Estradot and would agree you need to give it time to stabilise.

What were your oestrogen levels that the doc thought were too high?

If you've had your ovaries switched off and are producing no oestrogen then a 50 mcg patch would be far too little (at your age - but can't remember how old you are?) I would have thought - this is what I'm on and I'm 61 and it is definitely not high!

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 06:41:29 PM »

Hi I am 42 not had blood results back yet. It was symptoms that indicated high sire and swollen breasts, constant headache, agitated and constantly aroused. I had ovaries shut down 4 months ago and tried estrogel. Had a few spells that went ok then would go haywire again. Hopefully get results this week. Haven't managed to do much today not like me stall. Got to go to work tomorrow

donnacrichton

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 08:00:52 PM »

Today an unbearable headache and fully aroused again. Can it keep fluctuating high feels like I'm on a high dose again? Had been told to cut a 100 part into 2/3 and just read you shouldn't cut them.

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 10:31:29 PM »

I cut mine, no problems. In fact meno consultant said it was OK to cut them.

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 05:44:53 PM »

Really don't worry about cutting them  - the only thing you might find is that they tend to uncurl a bit at the cut edges because they are straight rather than rounded off, but as long as you keep checking you should be fine.

Not sure why you've been told to cut a 100 mcg patch because you can get 75 mcg patches anyway - or are you just gradually working up to the full 100 mcg?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »

Been reducing to 50 mcg estradot as 75 mcg I
 was blinded with migraines sore boobs and aroused all the time. On second week how long before ur will have reduces to 50 mcg hoping for relief soon

donnacrichton

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 05:10:27 PM »

Still showing signs if too high at 50mcg how long before I know my body is at 50mcg. Scared of going too low if it is a delayed reaction x

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 12:07:15 AM »

I honestly can't remember, but know it wasn't overnight. Body takes a while to readjust.
Pages: [1] 2