Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause with merina coil and Evorel conti patch is this right meds ??  (Read 8997 times)

Amandajane46

I started perimenopause at 44 I'm now 46 with periods irregular 2 weekly Dr said merina coil n evorel patch 50 but after reading this site thinking that I'm on wrong meds ?? I have had coil for 5 months n patches for 3 months .
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:19:59 PM by Amandajane46 »

Taz2

I have a friend who is on the same combination and it works fine for her. I think that your Evorel 50 patch isn't in fact a "conti" one. The conti ones contain progesterone but you are already getting that from your Mirena.

Taz x

Amandajane46

Hi no my is a conti that's why I think it's ths wrong patch to much progesterone
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:57:41 AM by Amandajane46 »

Taz2

Sorry I thought you were on Evorel 50?  These only contain oestrogen. I'm on Evorel 25 because I don't need progesterone. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/7235

Taz x

Hurdity

Hi Amandajane

As Taz says - if you are on Evorel 50 then it's fine.

If your patch says Evorel conti (which is a combi patch containing norethisterone as well as the estradiol) then it is the wrong one - you are having too much progestogen and could well give you undesirable side effects - unless the doc prescribed this because you were still getting heavy bleeding with just the Mirena coil.

I think we discussed this on another thread and I said the same thing?

In any case a separate oestrogen patch ( ie Evorel) should enable you to increase the dose depending on your symptoms without worrying about the progestogen because you have the coil which will be keeping the lining thin. Some irregualr bleeding does occur on this if you are still peri-meopausal but usually settles  - sometimes taking as long as 9 months I understand.

Hurdity x

Amandajane46

hurdity mine  contains 3.2 estradiol n 11.2mg norethisterone progestogen does not agree with me and not enough oestrogen maybe
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:22:19 PM by Amandajane46 »

Taz2

You are on the wrong patches then - not Evorel 50 but Evorel Conti https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/15326

You  need to ask your GP to change you over to Evorel 50 because you already have enough progesterone in the coil.

Taz x

Amandajane46

Thank you yes it is evorel conti and I will make another appointment

Taz2

I remember being put on a conti HRT by mistake once. The doc soon rectified it. I only had to phone up and the right prescription was left out for me.

Taz x

Amandajane46

Thank you ladies I see a different doctor today and requested a appointment with a gynecologist now just have to wait for appointment date to come through post yeah can not wait

Amandajane46

Re: Perimenopause with merina coil and Evorel conti patch is this right meds ??
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 01:27:09 PM »

Hi ladies just been and seen nurse and changed my patches to evorel 50 do I put patch on now or wait till change day on Monday as I'm still on conti

Amandajane46

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »

Hi can anyone give me advice on my patches

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 11:46:12 PM »

Hi Amanda - I would put it on now as you are already getting progesterone from your coil.

Taz x  :hug: