Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hearburn  (Read 12244 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hearburn
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »

In the back of my mind is 'heart attack?' but so far …….

I get the excess salvia when the heartburn is really bad  :-X - constant swallowing …..  what do you take for the symptoms?

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »

I have heartburn at the back of my throat.  Nothing tastes 'right'.  Stress doesn't affect the heart burn.

Milk of Magnesia is still a good stand by, less 'hard' than Gaviscon.  Also Actimel/LIVE yoghurt is a more 'natural' way of coping.  I find if I eat/drink too late in the evening or if I take my meds too quickly then it wakes me in the early hours  :(

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 04:11:30 PM »

I bet! 

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »

I gave our dog either LIVE yoghurt or Buscopan  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »

Yep.  Recommended by the Vet., bought from the Pharmacy as it's 'human'  ::)

Feeding dogs smaller amounts thruoghout the day is better.

SueRoe

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »

Boots do an own brand version of Gaviscon in an enormous bottle that's quite a bit cheaper.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 04:56:29 PM »

Is it pink coloured, I seem to remember most remedies being pink or white  :-X

…. and don't get me started on rose hip syrup or syrup of figs  :o  :-X

Js

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 07:57:44 PM »

Hi ladies

Yes I have hiatus hernia and thought I was getting the flu bug going around with a ****ly throat but it lasted longer than if it was a cold usually the throat goes then You get the runny nose etc etc , but I had been burping a lot then I thought it must've  been acid reflux and the only thing I take is gaviscon for it which helps I was told to eat smaller meals and not to eat at least 2 hours before bed which I do try to do and sit up properly when eating like at a table and eat slowly and not to drink during the meal wait until after all the things I do .but as I have had an operation lately I have been taking paracetamols and ibuprofen for pain and that acsaserbates the acid apparently and that's why I have beeen burping and  getting the acid in my throat .so have stopped taking the tablets and it has helped and calmed down .

Js

Meadowblue

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »

Really feel for you countrybumpkin.  I suffered from this years ago and took ranatidine which worked.  However, it came back badly when this stupid menopause started.  Tried all sorts.  Omeprozole I think lastly which worked very well but as soon as I stopped taking it came back worse.  I am sure it is hormone related as it varies hugely week by week.  I have managed over the last 2 weeks to wean myself off the omeprozole and am taking Gavison Advance (far better than standard Gaviscon) and also as and when required a tablespoon of aloe vera juice which is very soothing.

It is the most awful ailment though.  Lets hope we all grow out of it, as they used to say  :(

rosebud57

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »

Just a quick note to let you know about the progress I have made with my heartburn.  My son pointed out that I drank a lot of fizzy mineral water and that could be part of the problem.  I stopped drinking it about 3 weeks ago and the difference is amazing. No more heartburn and no general wind.
Could be something to consider if you have the same trouble.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:59 PM »

:thankyou:  well done the son!

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 05:20:10 PM »

I am fed up with those adverts fronted by the NHS which tell us to see a GP if we get certain symptoms for more than 3 weeks  >:( - maybe I should make the appt. then cancel if I feel better when the 3 weeks arrives  :-\ ……… I've had background heartburn intermittently for 2 weeks ……… probably because I have been sitting about more - note to self, get off one's bum  ;)

tinytia

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 09:25:30 PM »

Hi all

I find soup (too hot?) crisps, chips (the oil) affect me.  Having problems myself at the moment, taking esomeprazole after several  changes before. Having bladder problems at the moment so digestive problems taken a back seat at the moment. Just noticed the irony of this....you have to laugh or you may cry!!

I have bought some slippery elm which is supposed to be good for digestive problems, there is some info on the web, I am not any good at doing links, sorry!

Tinytia
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:16:37 PM by tinytia »

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 03:15:53 PM »

No Links are OK  ;) we can do a search ……

I'm not getting all the 'unread posts' notification  >:( - slow transit certainly makes my digestive system worse, been OK for a few days, I've had more exercise though  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]