Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Charity support by your bank?  (Read 8093 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Charity support by your bank?
« on: February 06, 2015, 08:02:06 PM »

Nationwide apparently supports 'shelter'.  There was a food trolley to add to before C.mas, now our Branch is asking for donations of tents, sleeping bags, blankets ………. once I have made sure that these items will remain in the Town, at most in the County, we will be turning out our blanket box ……….

Millykin

Re: Charity support by your bank?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 08:12:48 PM »

Well done CLKD
X

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 08:50:07 PM »

How do you know where the stuff you donate goes.

I would rather donate to my local food bank.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 09:01:29 PM »

I wouldn't mind where anything I donated ended up as long as it got to people who need it but I would prefer that they were in the UK.

Nationwide have supported Shelter for quite a few years now and if you voted in their AGM a small amount was donated to Shelter for each vote cast. There is a lot on the internet about the partnership http://your.nationwide.co.uk/your-news/articles/Pages/shelter-partnership.aspx

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 09:03:42 PM »

Is this what you mean CLKD http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum/24-travel-gear/400005-nationwide-bank-homeless-camping-equipment-plea.html  If so they don't want blankets as they take too long to dry out but sleeping bags and camping stuff are needed.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 09:17:12 PM »

I will ask for more details - I am really surprised that as a member for many years that we haven' the details about their various charity connections. 

Charity begins at home  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 10:23:17 PM »

That's why I donate to local charity fund raisers.

Food banks, our local children's clubs, RNLI.....there gets to be quite a big list.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »

When they sent you the voting pack for the AGM didn't they include the details about how each vote meant a 20p donation to Shelter? I had it with mine.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 03:56:56 PM »

Probably.  But we didn't read it because we didn't plan on voting  ::) ………. I will have a look-see next week, ran out of time 2-day.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 03:17:00 PM »

This morning we took 2 blankets and a spare pair of reading glasses to the Bank - there's an article in the local paper about the homeless bloke who has set up this idea - he has been helped by someone paying his deposit on a small flat and others donating some of his requirements.  So far 4 trolleys [borrowed from a supermarket] have been taken to the Church for sorting and distributing - he is hoping to get 10 full by the end of February.  He is also arranging a jumble sale to take place next month ………

The sleeping bag we thought was in our attic has gone, probably donated to the Scouts ……..