Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Morning or evening?  (Read 5185 times)

CJ-sleepless

Morning or evening?
« on: February 04, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »

I wonder when folk take their HRT and if it makes a difference what time of day? I've been taking mine first thing (Femoston conti in my case).  I'm still early days but wondering if I took it at night it would make any odds with my awful sleep - I'm assuming not, but would be grateful for any thoughts!  Sorry if silly question  ;D

carrs

Re: Morning or evening?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 10:06:35 AM »

It's a good question but I don't have the answer! I use a continuous release patch, and I don't sleep enough because I wake up too early.

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 10:33:54 AM »

I take mine at night, just habit from when I started pill at 18 and always done that, I don't actually think its makes s difference x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:04:01 PM »

I'm also on Femoston Conti and I take mine in the morning - I don't think it matters when you take it as long as you do it the same each day.

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 07:44:01 PM »

I wonder when folk take their HRT and if it makes a difference what time of day? I've been taking mine first thing (Femoston conti in my case).  I'm still early days but wondering if I took it at night it would make any odds with my awful sleep - I'm assuming not, but would be grateful for any thoughts!  Sorry if silly question  ;D
I change my patch every monday morning and every thursday evening, so each patch has an equal 3.5 days.
I take my utrogestan at night vaginally, because I am concerned that the tablets would just fall out during the day, while I am vertical.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 08:01:36 PM »

The urtogestan sticks to the wall of the vagina and does not fall out when inserted properly.

I echo what the others have said. Morning or evening, as long as you establish a routine it makes no difference.

Honeyb
X

Galadriel

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 08:04:59 PM »

How funny... I was just thinking the same thing about an hour ago as I started at the box of patches which I have just started today... So the very first patch has gone on this evening and I think I will take a leaf out of your book Dandelion and change it in the morning of change day  :)

There's nothing in the patient info leaflets to say what time is best so I guess it probably doesn't matter.

Galadriel x

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »

The urtogestan sticks to the wall of the vagina and does not fall out when inserted properly.

I echo what the others have said. Morning or evening, as long as you establish a routine it makes no difference.

Honeyb
X
Oh, thanks HB, you answered my question on my other post and needing a wee in the time following insertion of utro capsules.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 08:13:19 PM »

How funny... I was just thinking the same thing about an hour ago as I started at the box of patches which I have just started today... So the very first patch has gone on this evening and I think I will take a leaf out of your book Dandelion and change it in the morning of change day  :)

There's nothing in the patient info leaflets to say what time is best so I guess it probably doesn't matter.

Galadriel x
I heard abouut the 3.5 days thing on here, I have got into a routine with it now.