Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Prescription mix up!  (Read 3068 times)

CJ-sleepless

Prescription mix up!
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:56:34 AM »

I spoke too soon - I thought all was well  ;D  Got my GP to agree to Femoston conti - went to pick it up from the chemist.  When I got home I realised I had the wrong sort - its sequi not conti.  Rang the chemist who confirmed this was what it said on my prescription.  Rang my surgery and she said they would issue a new prescription which will be ready today.  However, I've already paid for the first one and apparently the chemist says they can't swap it  :cuss:

peegeetip

Re: Prescription mix up!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 12:34:44 PM »

Hi

I'd approach the doctor on why they made the mistake.

Was it down on the prescription wrongly?

If the doc typed or wrote wrong and made the mistake then they should recompence your extra prescription.

Otherwise just keep just incase :)

:-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »

They won't.  Once a package has left the confines of the pharmacy it is deemed to have been contaminated and will go in the bin  :-\  >:( ………… if your GP wrote out a prescription for something and the Pharmacist dispensed it correctly …….. sadly there will be another charge.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »

Hello CJ-sleepless.

I can't help you on this but I've had similar problems in the past and now I always open the bag and check the contents before I leave the pharmacy. If you do this they can refund or exchange items because they know the drugs have not left the premises.

Hope this helps and take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 05:15:41 PM »

I have to check too ………. though for some reason my latest packet which I eventually picked up on Tuesday was in the wrong initial  >:( ……. not in where it ought to be nor anywhere close  :-X ………..

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 09:10:00 AM »

Update - my GP surgery wrote a new prescription and dispensed it from their own pharmacy to me free of charge as it was their error - I gave them the incorrect ones to dispose of.  They confirmed that if I had taken the new prescription to the chemist I'd have been charged again - I will definitely check in future!!  Anyway, all in all I've now got the right Femoston - lets hope it works after all this!!

Kathleen

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »

Hello CJ-sleepless.

Glad to see that your prescription has been sorted out. Good luck with the Femoston conti and let us know how you get on with it.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 10:48:03 AM »

That's a thumbs up for your Surgery! 

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 11:46:34 AM »

Yes I'm very lucky - my GP is really good and always takes time to listen, and the surgery, while not perfect, does a very good job considering how busy they are these days!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 12:04:47 PM »

Do you tell them  ?  ;)

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »

Yes I do!