Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Which HRT best for peri menopause ?  (Read 4381 times)

Amandajane46

Which HRT best for peri menopause ?
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:32:00 PM »

Hi I'm waiting for a gynecologist appointment to balance my hormones as I'm on wrong patches evorel conti + marina coil to much progesterone which does not agree with me can anyone help with any suggestion on HRT patches which are as natural as your own hormones please

Briony

Re: Which HRT best for peri menopause ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01:18 PM »

I take Evorel 50 patches (estrogen only) with bio identical progesterone (Utrogestan) which I take vaginally to minimal side effects. Umming and aghhing about switching to Qlaira as my own peri hormones sometimes override the HRT. Qlaira is the most natural COP available, recommended for ladies in peri wanting a bridge from Contraceptive Pill to HRT. They tried to persuade me to have a Mirena but friends' negative experiences put me off - lots reporting depression, back ache, spotting and acne after having one fitted. Guess I shouldn't let myself be so easily put off but that's easier said than done! X

peegeetip

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:35:06 AM »

Would love to know why your doc gave you evorel conti + marina coil ???

Thats like going out in the cold with two coats, two hats and three scarfs :)

:-*

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Have a look at the oestrogens under HRT preparations.  All the ones that aren't conjugated estrogens are similiar to our own.  It also says there are 2 different sorts of patches.  There is also gel, which is more flexible to use.

Millykin

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 01:17:13 PM »

I'm taking Femoston 1/10 at the moment, been fairly good for me. Have a review tomorrow to see if I want 2/10 or move to Utrogestan and oestragel.
When I was first diagnosed it was a young GP and she prescribed my usual cerrazette and gave me Elleste duet! I was none the wiser and took it. After 3 months I was a wreck and saw another GP who couldn't believe I was taking both, looking at me as if I was stupid. Wasn't my fault I didn't know anything about meno I was 41 and wasn't expecting it, only now at 44 I'm clued up after reading on here on advise of new GP
X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »

The good thing about the Mirena coil - if you tolerate it well - is that you can use any oestrogen patch or gel whether you are peri or post menopause. It would just be the dose that's different. Many women start off on a low dose oestrogen if very early in peri and experiencing symptoms, and then increase it as their own oestrogen declines, and then again after a few years if they want to stay on it, perhpas reduce to a medium or low dose if this controls symptoms.

I've said before that I've always used Estradot patches since using oestrogen and progesterone HRT, and these are very small and come in doses from 25 mcg right up to 100 mcg. others swear by gel! It's a personal choice - if you want to change a patch twice weekly, or apply gel daily.

Let us know how you get on!

Hurdity x