Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: menopause  (Read 3603 times)

tash6

menopause
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »

Hi im 36 and have just been told im going through the change ive started hrt I have 6 children so thats not a problem but im very confussed and feel like my lifes at an end  dont relly know much only what ive read so any help or advice would be great   :( reading all other comments on hrt is it safe as now worried only had it for a week so far but now not sure ?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:15:22 PM by tash6 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: menopause
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:21:05 PM »

:welcomemm:  have a browse of the menus, left of screen: make notes.  Keeping a mood/food diary helps some ladies.  Ask questions ……...

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:24:11 PM »

Hi tash

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear that you are going through a premature menopause. How far along the journey are you eg periods etc?

If you have a premature menopause it is incredibly important for your future health to take HRT until at least the average age of natural menopause which is 51. There is a lot of information on this site about it - look at the orange menu on the left and especially this section and all the sub tabs:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/prematuremenopause.php

At least you've had all your children which is wonderful - some are not so lucky.

What type of HRT are you taking?

Hurdity x

tash6

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »

My longest time without a period is 6 months dont really know much had 2 blood tests at doctors which both came back really hi I have a referal to gynecologist I have been given elleste duet 1mg I dont even know how long it takes no one in my family have had early menopause so dont my mum only 50 plus
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:57:49 PM by tash6 »

tash6

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 07:40:41 PM »

Im very moody get hot flushes wake up in the night ive even started gettin hairs on my chin which are really long as im blond there not as noticable ihave loads of other symptoms I dont have intercorse any more as it hurts I get very emotional some days dont feel like gettin up

how long does it take to go throught I have so many questions my heads a real mess dont know where to start

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »

Hi tash

Hopefully the HRT will start to kick in and you will feel better. If after 3 months you are still getting symptoms then you might need a higher dose. In fact personally at your age I would be wanting to work towards as high a dose as I could so that you can feel as well as possible. You are too young for this to make you feel miserable and especially when youhave such a large family.

As you've had 6 children and because of your soreness, you must get some vaginal oestrogen too. here is the information:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/vaginalsymptoms.php (read the sub tabs too)
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php
this article:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-vaginal-atrophy.php

I would ask for Vagifem at your surgery (make sure the doc is sympathetic to and understands menopause)

As for how long to go through menopause? How long is a piece of string? You cannot know - but the best thing is to deal with your symptoms and to stay on HRT for  as long as you can provided there is no medical reason why not. Get yourself as healthy as possible - re diet, weight, exercise, alcohol smoking etc to give your body the best chance. Lots of info here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/diet.php

Hope this helps!

Hurdity x

Shaon1978

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »

Hi tash

I am also 36 and been told I am going through early menopause, I unfortunately do not have any children so have been finding that very tough.

I have not been given anything from my GP and am now wondering after reading your post if I and a few other have mentioned getting a second opinion.

I am just taking some menopause vitamins I have picked up in supermarket.

Hope you are ok and sorry to hear that you are going through it early also sending you big hugs x

tash6

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »

Hi shaon1978 they started me on hrt straight away ive only been told 3 weeks ago but been having symptoms for the last year and half and they only just done blood tests for menopause I had 2 6 weeks apart I already have children so sorry for you cant emagine how your feeling about that but the rest of it  :( im learning new things the more I read dont know if I feel worse or better about it very confussed

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 03:54:11 PM »

Hi Shaon1978 and welcome to MM
I am appalled to hear yet another women in premature menopause who hasn't been given proper treatment and offered HRT.  GPs really need some training about this.  Do go back and ask for a referral to menopause clinic or gynaecologist a.s.a.p. If need be print off the relevant info from this site, explain it is a reputable site that was set up by a gynaecologist who is part of the panel drafting new recommendations on the treatment of the menopause - due to come out this year.   
REad up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen and get clued up.  Check out this site: www.daisynetwork.org. uk
I'm afraid supplements aren't going to protect your bones and heart from oestrogen deficiency. My strategy when visiting the GP is to write out all my symptoms and questions to show the GP or read to them so you don't forget anything and I find they then have to  deal with your problems properly. Keep us posted - we're here to support you.  DG x