Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Horoscopes?  (Read 6947 times)

CJ-sleepless

Horoscopes?
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:10:50 PM »

I'm not usually a follower of horoscopes, but every now and then one seems to be so spot on its as if someone is able to read my mind - yahoo stars for me today says

"Hidden fears are keeping you from moving forward. It's time to nip this problem in the bud. Overcoming this problem can be as simple as summoning your courage and forcing yourself to do something uncomfortable several times in a row. The more accustomed you become to unpleasant things like confrontations, the easier it will be to make progress"

This morning I forced myself to go for a job interview .... spooky.  Not really an "unpleasant confrontation" but something I avoid all the same!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Horoscopes?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:42:45 PM »

HUMPH - that sounds like it was written by a psychologist  ::)

How did the Interview 'go'?

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:47:37 AM »

Ha ha yes it does!  I didn't get it - but they were kind enough to say it was a close thing - its given me confidence to keep looking  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

That's good that feed back is given, never was in 'my' day  ::) ………

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »

I know what you mean - I'm lucky enough to be working at the moment, part time, but its not ideal and low paid, so I'm now looking around for something better - I lost a lot of confidence over recent years for one reason and another (I won't bore you with it all), but I'm slowly feeling more like the old me!  So glad the feedback I got was positive, anything negative would have knocked me back I think

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 12:07:45 PM »

What is your skill base?  [oh I am soooo nosey  :D ]  I was a medical secretary for many years …… then I did small business support followed by  :scottie: walking  ;D - I went places that I never imagined during my working years, partly being in the right place at the right time or taking a chance.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »

The 2 best interviews I ever had....the first was when I was asked if I was interested in a teaching post. I was, but was unable to attend the interviews. I was phoned later on the interview day and was told that I had done very well in the interview, but could I come in and fill in the application form! The second was when I was offered a job over the phone while I was sitting on the loo! You could say I was in the right place at the right time!

To be honest, I hated interviews, but for a lot of the time I did supply teaching, so I was a known quantity and I knew where I would be happy. But I did go for jobs I felt I could do and would enjoy, even if I thought I wasn't qualified or experienced enough. Let them make up their minds, rather than make it up for them. Keep looking, then you will find the opportunities.

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 12:30:40 PM »

I've done mostly secretarial type work.   I did train as a midwife at one point - but personal circumstances (long story) meant I never completed the training - got to within a few months of the end.  I'm currently working on a hospital helpdesk, so I guess my skill base is secretarial with a healthcare setting slant.  I fancy a change