Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tile cleaner  (Read 9153 times)

honeybun

Tile cleaner
« on: February 02, 2015, 03:10:01 PM »

Any recommendations ladies.

It would seem that no matter what I use I end up with streaky tiles. They are high glaze and bright red and look really good when they shine.

They are currently driving me nuts.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tile cleaner
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 03:11:15 PM »

Cif.  Lemon juice with vinegar. Hob-brite.  I use kitchen roll to apply, wipe over with a fresh piece and then polish with a slightly damp flannel. 

Linsey44

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »

Hi HB on my high gloss white tiles i use Method Glass Cleaner, just spray and buff up with a muslin cloth.  Smells minty and is eco friendly..

Avail from Sainsbury b&q or some online sites as well.

Happy cleaning

Linsey

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:00:10 PM »

Ooo thanks, tried a lot of things but not that.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 08:24:53 AM »

Someone recommended a glass cleaner called 'You'. I've tried it and I really like it. It can be used on TV screens to and it doesn't leave smear marks. Bought it from Waitrose last week. It was on offer, 2 for £4.

kerrieann

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 10:29:24 AM »

i dont know if its too late now   but we had our bathroom tiled in black high gloss 4 years ago and they still shine like the day it was finished  :)  the lady in the shop told me dont use any chemical cleaners on them as they just build up just use a good microfibre cloth and thats all ive done even in the shower damp a microfibre cloth wipe the marks off and then polish up with the other side of the cloth
if i knew how to post a picture i would as iam quite proud of my shiney bathroom  :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 11:38:29 AM »

I can't bear the feel of those microwave cloths  ::)  ;)

kerrieann

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »

know what you mean clkd  especially if you have any dry skin on your hands  but i started using them about 5 years ago on tiles mirrors shiny worktops stainless steel chrome and they totally amazed me, other half was really pleased when he did the windows on the car, no smears when the sun hits the windows
bearing in mind iam a sucker for nice smelling cleaning products lemony smell in particular i have stopped buying such a lot  obviously need bleach, but my kitchen floor which is  glossy tile is soo shiny and all i use a spray bottle with a little disinfectant in warm water and  microfibre mop  not a microwave cloth  ;D ;D  not sure that would work  x kerrie

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 12:01:53 PM »

Can you pop over  ;D

kerrieann

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 12:14:08 PM »

maybe a bit too far or i would  ;D  just love finding things that work and save me time and money  ;)   1 thing i would say is that if you ever try these cloths dont buy the cheap ones and never use a fabric softener as they then dont work and you will need to hot wash them to remove the conditioner  give them a go  :)

dahliagirl

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 12:35:30 PM »

I got a pair of the eco microfibre cloths and use them after showering.  I  use the polishing one on the mirror after a shower and it is so good, I am using it on my glasses in the morning. ::)

kerrieann

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 12:37:14 PM »

yep they really are good  :)

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 01:33:40 PM »

Don't know what to try now  ::)

I might give the cloths a go and see if it works.

:thankyou:

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »

iam not sure how the cloths will work if there is a build up so if you do try them i would give them a good rub down with hot water and then polish them up, good luck with what ever you choose   i love shiny tiles  :)  kerrie

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 01:40:13 PM »

I love shiny tiles too. My high gloss red ones seemed such a good idea at the time.

I will give them a good hot wash first. Guess that's my day sorted tomorrow  ;D

Honeyb
X
Pages: [1] 2