Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: My Dad died total nightmare  (Read 15872 times)

Suzi Q

My Dad died total nightmare
« on: February 02, 2015, 12:08:22 PM »

Well it was a dreadful time. Xmas morning 5am phone goes. Clatterbridge Hospital on the Wirral.
My Dads dying now the thing was I didnt even know he was in hospital. Id sent his presents and card.
Son and me had talked to him Friday 14th November and he was fine but hates the phone so we said
Ring you Xmas day. Seems 2 days later he fell and was taken in to hospital and his women went with him.
The hospital had no idea she wasnt his wife untill late on the 23rd December when after having a bad infection.
It was certain he wasnt going to make it. She came clean and said she was just a freind.
She said she knew hed a daughter in Ozz but didnt know where (LIAR) she didnt know if he had any family in uk.
He has a grandaugher a daughter in law 12 neices and nephews she knew at least 6 of their home adresses.
So it was a mixture of the Wallasey Police and a dedicated nurse who went to my Dads flat on X,as eve.
Got them to let her in while she searched for my adress she found it and at 5am Xmas day she rang me.
We spent Xmas day in shock we had it at my daughter inlaws and sons home all of us as its our Zekes 1st Xmas
On the photos I look like a stunned mullett. I rang and rang they kept saying give it a day daily till 29th Dec
When they said can you come now so we managed to buy flights on NYE and arrived NYD went asap to hospital
I spent 2 days with Dad before he died I dont know if he knew I was there but with in an hour he calmed down?
He was uncon and never regained though he did open his eyes once or twice. He went 11.15pm 2nd January.
That was just the start no will no insurance no funeral insurance a mountain of debt as he was selling his flat
Hed moved in to asst living flat and was trying to sell his own place. Estate agents didnt know where he was
Knowone did. Solicitors fights with Compton group and Santander I threatend via solicitor to throw the keys
Ans declare Dads death and insolvancy with in 6 hours they agreed to the lesser amount as dads flat in 21 yrs
Had actually gone down 15.000 pounds????? We found and our solicitor hid some money in bonds not much
But enough to maybe pay back some to us via billing the estate for our $7000 air fares NOW tell me honestly
How many of us have to find at 60 with in 4hrs over 3000 pounds for airfares 1000 pounds for care hire and petrol pay 4000 pounds for a funeral then all the stuff that goes with it We had to redraw on our home.
Thank god even though 5 years ago we paid our mort off we kept the line of credit going or wed have been Fd!
Poor Bobbles had to go in to his asst flat he took over 100 rubbish bags to tip we had to get the flat cleared.
We cleaned it ourselves returned all his asst stuff to the gov depts got his pension and asst rent stopped
To do this we had to buy 10 death certs that alone was 100 pounds. Then his old works pension. Arrange a funeral that took 15 days. Get the Vicar bla bla bla. Go to solicitors banks building societies fight with solicitors
I lost 6lb Geoff put it on living on a diet of curry and chips. To cap it off I went to hospital with Bronchitis
PLus a rash that after tests ended up being stress dont moan to me about UK walk in hospitals BRILLIANT
In 2 hours Id seen 3 nurses had every examination saw 2 Doctors was given scripts and as Im 60 I paid nothing
In ozz Id probably still be sitting there YOU have no idea with all its faults and flaws HOW BRILLIANT UK NH is!
Had the funeral finally even managed to get him buiried with MUM and saw it done. Paid the stone mason etc.
Finally Id had enough couldnt cope anymore and was worried a bout my Geoffreys health so after 3 and a half weeks we buggared off for 3 days to Stratford Geoffrey even bought me a ticket to see Loves Labours Lost.
Of course back to Wallasey and reality more fights finally made my cousin power of attorney shes the solicitors clerk and we employed her Boss to look after the rest of the mess so roughly 4 weeks $20.000 we came home,
We are booked to go to UK in April as many might remember we were due to go last Sept and I fell we had to cancell it 48hrs before we were due to go now if that hadnt happened Id have seen my Dad Pots and pans hey!
Now we find that we couldnt not go to Europe in April it seems a parents death 3 mnths earlier isnt covered
And as wed pAID last August for all the hotel rooms flights in Europe etc  and as I was insured they just mo ved the dates to April they wouldnt refund dont ask Ive no idea? So weve no choice but to go. At least everythings paid for except spends not that weve a mountain of that left god u have to laugh or ud scream!
So 5 days in UK instead of 18 not at home but in London area seeing the sites in a cheap but nice Royal Naval
Hotel (Im an ex wren we can stay) No car needed. Then off 3 days venice 4 days Rome 7 days Paris@Home Ozz
My family cousins etc were sad I wasnt coming but understand. I dont know if the solicitor will end up having any money for us to repay what we had to spend out I dought it. So one tip WILL and FUNERAL INSURANCE'
Make sure you have a solicitor all this would still have happened but with the Funeral insurance and a will
So much easier. I go between being angry hurt unloved by Dad. To crying my eyes out but thats normal I spose
We have made sure since we came back to make appt with a new solicitor to make wills and Geoffrey to take
Funeral insurance it doesnt matter for me hed be able to sort it I wouldnt. We came home to find the spa bust
Water everywhere and thanks $2000 to mend it sod that So Bobbles spent all weekend on his back in 34C heat
Using silicone to try to repair it if we cant we will just dismantle it and ditch it keep the motor as u never know
One day we maybe able to afford another one hehehehe. Then the Fridge in the garages isnt working itds not getting cold enough so new fridge NOT a chance tell you what when problems come its in Battalions.
Good news Zeke is walking he can at last say Nana and hes now in Daycare Monday and Friday so I dont have to look after him 2 days a week getting up at 530am to get 2 trains not getting home till 7pm at night
Im going on a wed lunch to look after Zeke so son can at last learn to drive. In june son will add a day to work
So from then I will look after Zeke Wednesdays all day but thats fine I said Id do that and Im happy too.
So Ladies what was your Xmas and NY like HOPE to god it was nothing like mine!!
I wish you all  belated Happy Xmas and a great 2015 and wish only good things for all of us PLEASEEEEE XXXX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My Dad died total nightmare
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:23:22 PM »

SENDING YOU A HUGE HUG! 

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »

Well it was a dreadful time. Xmas morning 5am phone goes. Clatterbridge Hospital on the Wirral.
My Dads dying now the thing was I didnt even know he was in hospital. Id sent his presents and card.
Son and me had talked to him Friday 14th November and he was fine but hates the phone so we said
Ring you Xmas day.

Seems 2 days later he fell and was taken in to hospital and his women went with him.
The hospital had no idea she wasnt his wife untill late on the 23rd December when after having a bad infection.
It was certain he wasnt going to make it. She came clean and said she was just a freind.
She said she knew hed a daughter in Ozz but didnt know where (LIAR) she didnt know if he had any family in uk.
He has a grandaugher a daughter in law 12 neices and nephews she knew at least 6 of their home adresses.
So it was a mixture of the Wallasey Police and a dedicated nurse who went to my Dads flat on X,as eve.

Got them to let her in while she searched for my adress she found it and at 5am Xmas day she rang me.
We spent Xmas day in shock we had it at my daughter inlaws and sons home all of us as its our Zekes 1st Xmas
On the photos I look like a stunned mullett. I rang and rang they kept saying give it a day daily till 29th Dec
When they said can you come now so we managed to buy flights on NYE and arrived NYD went asap to hospital

I spent 2 days with Dad before he died I dont know if he knew I was there but with in an hour he calmed down?
He was uncon and never regained though he did open his eyes once or twice. He went 11.15pm 2nd January.

That was just the start no will no insurance no funeral insurance a mountain of debt as he was selling his flat
Hed moved in to asst living flat and was trying to sell his own place. Estate agents didnt know where he was
Knowone did. Solicitors fights with Compton group and Santander I threatend via solicitor to throw the keys
Ans declare Dads death and insolvancy with in 6 hours they agreed to the lesser amount as dads flat in 21 yrs
Had actually gone down 15.000 pounds????? We found and our solicitor hid some money in bonds not much
But enough to maybe pay back some to us via billing the estate for our $7000 air fares NOW tell me honestly

How many of us have to find at 60 with in 4hrs over 3000 pounds for airfares 1000 pounds for care hire and petrol pay 4000 pounds for a funeral then all the stuff that goes with it We had to redraw on our home.
Thank god even though 5 years ago we paid our mort off we kept the line of credit going or wed have been Fd!
Poor Bobbles had to go in to his asst flat he took over 100 rubbish bags to tip we had to get the flat cleared.
We cleaned it ourselves returned all his asst stuff to the gov depts got his pension and asst rent stopped

To do this we had to buy 10 death certs that alone was 100 pounds. Then his old works pension. Arrange a funeral that took 15 days. Get the Vicar bla bla bla. Go to solicitors banks building societies fight with solicitors
I lost 6lb Geoff put it on living on a diet of curry and chips. To cap it off I went to hospital with Bronchitis
PLus a rash that after tests ended up being stress dont moan to me about UK walk in hospitals BRILLIANT
In 2 hours Id seen 3 nurses had every examination saw 2 Doctors was given scripts and as Im 60 I paid nothing
In ozz Id probably still be sitting there YOU have no idea with all its faults and flaws HOW BRILLIANT UK NH is!

Had the funeral finally even managed to get him buiried with MUM and saw it done. Paid the stone mason etc.
Finally Id had enough couldnt cope anymore and was worried a bout my Geoffreys health so after 3 and a half weeks we buggared off for 3 days to Stratford Geoffrey even bought me a ticket to see Loves Labours Lost.

Of course back to Wallasey and reality more fights finally made my cousin power of attorney shes the solicitors clerk and we employed her Boss to look after the rest of the mess so roughly 4 weeks $20.000 we came home,
We are booked to go to UK in April as many might remember we were due to go last Sept and I fell we had to cancell it 48hrs before we were due to go now if that hadnt happened Id have seen my Dad Pots and pans hey!

Now we find that we couldnt not go to Europe in April it seems a parents death 3 mnths earlier isnt covered
And as wed pAID last August for all the hotel rooms flights in Europe etc  and as I was insured they just mo ved the dates to April they wouldnt refund dont ask Ive no idea? So weve no choice but to go. At least everythings paid for except spends not that weve a mountain of that left god u have to laugh or ud scream!

So 5 days in UK instead of 18 not at home but in London area seeing the sites in a cheap but nice Royal Naval
Hotel (Im an ex wren we can stay) No car needed. Then off 3 days venice 4 days Rome 7 days Paris@Home Ozz

My family cousins etc were sad I wasnt coming but understand. I dont know if the solicitor will end up having any money for us to repay what we had to spend out I dought it. So one tip WILL and FUNERAL INSURANCE'

Make sure you have a solicitor all this would still have happened but with the Funeral insurance and a will
So much easier.

I go between being angry hurt unloved by Dad. To crying my eyes out but thats normal I spose
We have made sure since we came back to make appt with a new solicitor to make wills and Geoffrey to take
Funeral insurance it doesnt matter for me hed be able to sort it I wouldnt.

We came home to find the spa bust
Water everywhere and thanks $2000 to mend it sod that So Bobbles spent all weekend on his back in 34C heat
Using silicone to try to repair it if we cant we will just dismantle it and ditch it keep the motor as u never know

One day we maybe able to afford another one hehehehe. Then the Fridge in the garages isnt working itds not getting cold enough so new fridge NOT a chance tell you what when problems come its in Battalions.

Good news Zeke is walking he can at last say Nana and hes now in Daycare Monday and Friday so I dont have to look after him 2 days a week getting up at 530am to get 2 trains not getting home till 7pm at night

Im going on a wed lunch to look after Zeke so son can at last learn to drive. In june son will add a day to work
So from then I will look after Zeke Wednesdays all day but thats fine I said Id do that and Im happy too.

So Ladies what was your Xmas and NY like HOPE to god it was nothing like mine!!
I wish you all  belated Happy Xmas and a great 2015 and wish only good things for all of us PLEASEEEEE XXXX

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 12:30:01 PM »

I have split your initial message so that I could understand it better  ::)

Firstly - sorry for your news, you WERE missed.  2ndly, your Dad probably knew you were there because hearing is the last sense to go.  So if you feel that he relaxed when you arrived, you are correct! so he was at ease.

As for not feeling loved by him  :-\ - I never knew if my Dad loved me or if he was 'going through the motions', i.e. buying me 'stuff' because it was the thing to do.  Hindsight tells me that my Mum never allowed him to build a father/daugher relationship  :-X

Galadriel

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 12:31:01 PM »

OMG Suzi Q!  I'm so sorry you and Bobbles had such a hideous time :hug: We did wonder what had happened to you.

Wishing you a more tranquil 2015 :foryou:

Galadriel x

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »

Suzi, oh my goodness. What an awful time. Sorry to hear about your dad, but at least you got the chance to see him.   Last minute flights are so darned expensive!  Between that & everything else, not many could find that sort of cash.

Sending you  :bighug:

Suzi Q

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 01:07:14 PM »

CLKD u did a great job xxxxxxxx
Thanks ladies I just thank god when we paid the mort off we left the line of credit
6 weeks ago all I was worried about was going to the Dentist!
IM scared of flying 3 planes crashed one 3 days before we flew lost ion the ocean we were flying over the turbulence went on for over 5 hours tere and the same back
I didnt give a buggar (sorry) thanks for your thoughts and well wishes xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 01:21:35 PM »

Of course you didn't give a b…g  ::) : the aim was to get t/here ASAP and you did ………. you will be tired for a while and it may well 'catch' up with you.  Keep posting!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:56:44 PM by CLKD »

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 01:29:15 PM »

Sorry to hear your news Suzi Q but glad that you did at least get to see your Dad before he passed......

ariadne

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »

So sorry Suzi Q about your Dad and the awful sequence of events, not to mention the cost  :o

We all missed you and wondered where you were  :hug:

Ariadne xx

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 05:10:00 PM »

Sorry to hear you have been going through a terrible time.

:hug:

We missed you.

Honeyb
X

scriv

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

He would have known you were there,Suzy. That's why he calmed down. You poor poor thing, that seems a nightmare from start to finish.
Treat yourselves gently now as you all come to terms with it all.

purplenanny

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 05:55:36 PM »

Good to hear from you Suzi but very sad about your news. What a nightmare you have had! You could not make it up!
I suffered from the stress rash when hubby was poorly and regular piriton helped. I had a steroid cream for my hands also as I scratched them raw
You must be exhausted with all you have been through, travelling, sorting and emotion
I feel sure your Dad knew you were there and was comforted by your presence. Thank goodness you managed to get there to have special time together
Lovely to have your little grandson to brighten your days. The special bond you have will help you.
I hope you and hubby can take time to be kind to yourselves after all this trauma in your lives.
Sending love and hugs. PN x x

Winterose

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »

What an horrendous tale, just dealing with the jet lag must have been bad enough without all the other dramas.  You made it in time so that will be a consolation but what a lot to deal with .  Thinking of you, xxx

bramble

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 07:51:21 PM »

Sorry to hear your news Suzi Q . Hope you will feel a bit better now that you are home. You will have the time and the space to grieve now for your Dad.

Bramble
Pages: [1] 2 3 4