Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scalp Psoriasis  (Read 8402 times)

Rowan

Re: Scalp Psoriasis
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 11:05:42 AM »

Have you tried Oregon Grape root cream it was in the News yesterday

http://www.doctorshealthpress.com/general-health-2/oregon-grape-root-for-psoriasis

My brother and sister use it in a cream and have had good results.

This is the one they use is Viridan certified to meet the Soil Association's  standards.

If you google you will find  Oregon Grape root  shampoos too.

Rowan

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 11:19:50 AM »

My Niece is controlling her eczema by cutting out Dairy.

My brother use to have too spend months in hospital smothered and bandaged poor love because of severe psoriasis . There was lot of stress in his life.

Now he watches his diet, very slim and has made his life as stress free as he can and is controlling it, so I do identify with what you have posted Stellajane.

Lynne888

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:20 AM »

Will have a look at the Oregon Grape Root stuff Silverlady thank you!  Stellajane.. I had blood tests recently, no diabetes but my husband is diabetic so I know the signs to look for. For me, my guess is that like my vaginal dryness, content urination, hair loss and dry skin, the psoriasis is probably meno related although I accept that I have had severe stress in the last 6 months.  I have a GP appointment on Monday AM so I am thinking she might well send me somewhere. We will see! From what I have read, most people seem to have better luck with psoriasis when they work out treatment themselves!

Dorothy

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »

Thanks Dorothy I will have a look for those.  I use fairy sensitive and it works fine for me.  I am frightened to change to anything because even the stuff that is supposed to be for sensitive skin can irritate me.

Ooh, yes, if it's working then I wouldn't change it!  Just thought it might be mentioning in case you get any problems in future.  Think you are right about sorting it out yourself - although my doctors might have had more success if they hadn't spent years treating me for eczema instead of psoriasis!  Even I could tell the difference.   ::)

Lynne888

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »

My *psoriasis* issues are even more problematic. GP did a scalp sample to make sure it wasn't a fungal infection. I've been back today. It wasn't. I now have to see a dermatologist as GP is unsure about psoriasis. Added to that, my hair loss is at least 20% worse that when I last posted. It's really bad.  I can't remember who it was on here suggested having a thyroid test? As mentioned back then, the normal blood test didn't cover this and I've asked about it today. I've got a further blood test on Friday. I've looked at the side effects of a thyroid issue and I have most of them.  The scalp flaking COULD be psoriasis.. if it is, it is not causing the hair loss because that was happening on a slower scale previously.  It's all so confusing because as I have several things all showing problems at the same time, it's really hard to get my GP to look at them separately and accept that one was happening long before the other (although I'm sure some are exacerbated by the other issues). So that's my lot again. Nothing sorted, plenty gained!
Pages: 1 [2]