Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hello from Tracey  (Read 1888 times)

Tracey123

Hello from Tracey
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:20:18 PM »

Hi everyone,

Wow! This site is soo helpful I have been waiting patiently for admin to e-mail me confirmation for me to join as I have been reading some of the posts and have been relieved to see of the messages. They have given me hope  and reassurance. So just want to say thanks to you all!

I have had many of the symptoms of the menopause and at the age of 45 know that it's going to get worse before it gets better. I have been suffering for the last 12 months from irregular periods. It started with missing out a month and then having long bouts of bleeding and spotting before and after. For the last two months I have  had a couple of heavy days where I have had to change and buy thicker pads. I know there might be some indication towards me thinking this could be down to fibroids and have taken Tranexanmic acid in the past to help when I have been heavy. I was thinking of purchasing these tablets, as you can buy these over the counter, but would appreciate your comments regarding this matter. Many Thanks Tracey ::)

Dancinggirl

Re: Hello from Tracey
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »

Hi and welcome Tracey123
You story sounds very typical for the peri stage of the menopause.
If you are having problems with heavy bleeds then it's worth getting this checked out for peace of mind.
I really wouldn't self medicate and Tranexanmic acid should only be used under the guidance of a doctor - it may not be appropriate at this peri menopausal stage.  Many women have a Mirena fitted when heavy or prolonged bleeding is an issue during peri meno and this also takes care of contraception at the same time.  When or if you develop flushes etc you can then just add some oestrogen in patch or gel form.
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen and get back to us with questions.
DG x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »

:welcomemm:

Honeyb
X

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »

Hi Tracey123  :welcomemm: from me too.

Just to add that the orange menu on the left has information about bleeding problems and there are several sub tabs to look at:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/periodtreatments.php

Hurdity x

Tracey123

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 06:58:55 AM »

Thanks everyone,

I will check out all the above and keep you informed xx

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »

Hello Tracey123 and welcome to the forum.

I was told that by the age of fifty half of all women have fibroids and of course they can lead to heavy periods.

In my case my periods never eased up, in fact became heavier and then I started passing clots ( sorry if tmi).

This site is a mine of information and offers plenty of help and support so you know you are not alone on this journey.

Take care.

K.

Tracey123

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 09:19:30 PM »

Thank you Kathleen,

It makes me feel a little better to hear about others experiencing similar things x