Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Having a wobble.  (Read 12217 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Having a wobble.
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »

Start a thread about music - we have pets, gardening, cooking, holidays etc.  ;)

Dulciana

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »

Good idea, CLKD!  Wish there were some musical smileys........

honorsmum

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 09:15:23 PM »

I am a stay at home mum, after a lovely career as a classical orchestral musician, ...............my husband's also a musician
Honorsmum -  I'm fascinated to hear about your career as a classical orchestral musician, as I'm a professional organist and have also done some amateur orchestral playing as a violist.  My hubby's a violinist and teaches it in local schools.  Which instruments do you and your husband play?  And I'd love to hear which orchestra you were with, if you don't mind me asking!    Thanks!

Hi Dulciana,
Lovely to hear from a fellow musician!
Here's a potted history of me -
I started playing the flute at 9 and passed grade 8 with distinction at 12, at which point I won a scholarship to study as a Junior on Saturdays at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. I went on to study full time there at 18, before doing a post grad at the Royal Academy of Music.
At 21, I trialled with Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, and then was asked to play for the orchestra of Welsh National Opera when I was 22. I played with them for 13 years, but also played for the Halle, BBC National Orchestra of Wales, London Sinfonietta, among others.
I played on tv, radio, CD (Charlotte Church's first album, among others!) and it was while playing for WNO that I met my husband, who is a percussionist. He still plays for WNO and also teaches at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. I don't really play professionally any more, but I teach and my son has recently started learning the  cello. I play piano as well, which I find very relaxing. I miss my nights on stage and in the pit, all the lovely people I worked with, the excitement etc but I needed to be at home for my children. :)

Dulciana

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »

Hi Honorsmum - I've replied to you in a new thread in the "This 'n That" section.  Look for "Calling All Musicians"!
D.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:18:39 PM by Dulciana »

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2015, 05:10:35 PM »

:thankyou:

I'm there too!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:23:47 PM by CLKD »

honorsmum

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »

Hi Honorsmum - I've replied to you in a new thread in the "This 'n That" section.  Look for "Calling All Musicians"!
D.

Lovely - replied!

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2015, 09:24:00 PM »

I've had a wobble this afternoon, damn it  :-\

honorsmum

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »

I've had a wobble this afternoon, damn it  :-\

Oh dear.  :( What sort of a wobble, CLKD?
Because I've had a pretty good weekend, and have slept better with very little anxiety/palpitations, I'm back to wondering whether the peri idea is something I've made up. :-\

Hope you're feeling brighter today.x

CLKD

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 12:42:20 PM »

Nope - our hormones rise and fall with consequences as we age.  Make the most of those 'better' days but don't take on too much otherwise you will use up any energy gained  ;)  ::) …… continue eating well, exercise when possible.

I have IBS which causes slow 'transit' so my gut and bowel get full but don't pass anything ……. so after I go to the loo I feel really really ill  :-\ - better after a deep bath and sleep!

honorsmum

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2015, 01:23:22 PM »

That sounds very unpleasant, CLKD.
I have IBS too, but rapid transit.

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »

I don't know which I prefer  ::) - sometimes I don't go properly for days, then I have several trips some of which are fast, other days I kind of go  ::) [will bump the thread]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]