Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: which HRT??  (Read 3404 times)

tilly71

which HRT??
« on: January 31, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »

Hi I've been perimeno for a year now and my symptoms are getting worse and there's more of them, I am 43 and wondering what HRT would be best for me? Any advice would be appreciated

Dancinggirl

Re: which HRT??
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »

Hi and welcome tilly71
Many women do very well on Femoston as the progesterone is kinder and closer to our own natural hormones.  The sequential version (which is for peri meno women like you) comes in 2 strengths so you can start on a low dose and then as your own oestrogen levels drop you can move to the higher dose if need be.
If you are experiencing meno symptoms at 43 then it is really important you have some HRT as you are too young to have oestrogen deficiency.
Do read up all the info under the headings to the left of this screen to get really clued up and get back to us with questions.
Just a note of caution - many GPs are not very clued up and will often prescribe the cheapest, older type of HRT like Prempak - I'd really push to be given something like Femoston.  If that doesn't suit you then there are many others you can try.
Keep us posted. DG x

tilly71

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 10:07:16 AM »

Thank you dancing girl, I will ask for that one, I feel dreadful think its time to start on hrt, I tried to dismiss it but these past few weeks the palpitations waking me up, lack of sleep and itchy sore vulva are just awful, my period is 15days late that's the longest I've gone so far. I can't dismiss it any longer

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »

Hi Tilly
I replied to your other post and had put in it that I was on Femeston 1/10, it is /was good. Lately though I haven't been able to sleep, palps back and flushes. I might need higher dose or it could be I was on ABs and oemprozole and they stopped the proper absorption. I due next week for review and was going to ask for Utrogestan and patches or gel.
X

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 10:15:24 AM »

Hi tilly

I also replied on your other post about vaginal oestrogen and gave you some links to look at.

Just to re-emphasise - do ask for this as well as HRT, and especially as you may well have started vaginal atrohpy. If you take full HRT ( eg like Femoston) then you may only need the vaginal oestrogen for a while until later in menopause but defo go for it now!

Hurdity x

tilly71

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 10:20:39 AM »

Hi millykin, I am going to ask about both, its the side effects that scare me, then I've read that I need it at my age, my mother didn't take it and she died from a sudden heart attack at 63, she never smoked and rarely drank, she had her last period at 50 but struggled for years before.

tilly71

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »

Thank you hurdity I will write this down aswell , I have been reading all the links and advice all morning, I feel like my head is going to burst I just want my period to arrive and all this pent up pressure may release

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 10:26:14 AM »

Oh Tilly the benefits outweigh any risks at our age. I know how you feel with you mum having passed but we can't think like that. My mum passéd 8 yrs ago age 56, dad few months later 58 and if we thought too much about how they passed we wouldn't live our lives like they wanted us too. You will be protecting yourself at young age
X

tilly71

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 10:32:50 AM »

Thank you millykin I am writing all these down to take with me to the doctor, I do think its time to start  HRT I know I worry to much