Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 6 weeks off hrt.  (Read 7428 times)

Morwenna

Re: 6 weeks off hrt.
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »

Good to hear a positive (ish) story about coming off HRT. Do you still get flushes and night sweats? I reduced my dosage four months ago and can absolutely relate to the 'being put on the spot' type of hot flush. They mainly happen at work! I can just about cope with the return of night sweats - I'm hoping they will eventually reduce spontaneously but of course that's not a given is it? I have developed Rosacea too since the onset of menopause - I'm currently trialling a regime of dissolved Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salts) dabbed on at bedtime. It certainly hasn't made it any worse but too early to tell whether it's going to be an effective method. What do you use for yours, if anything?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:10:09 AM by Morwenna »

Eddie

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 12:57:15 PM »

Hi Morwenna. It's just really the on the spot flushes and some at night. I think I could better control them myself with cutting out caffeine and eating earlier.
I use Rosex twice daily on my face. It has calmed it right down and hopefully won't need to use it every day once I feel it is under control.
Eddie. X

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »

I developed Rosacea when I came off  HRT. Not sure about Rosex as it has metronidazole in which I'm allergic to?

Taz x

Eddie

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 06:22:19 PM »

Taz. I had a nasty experience with tablet with metronidazole in them, the leaflet does mention this but says the cream should be fine.
Eddie

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 10:02:30 PM »

Thanks Eddie.

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]