Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Nausea  (Read 2335 times)

Smokey

Nausea
« on: May 17, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »

Hello ladies, I know I've read somewhere that some of you have suffered from nausea as one of your symptoms, and just wondered is it very common? I've been peri for 5 yrs now and have had to increase my Hrt to  75mg  but have also started feeling sick, which is new to me,I'm also taking Northerstone tabs as the progesterone part as apparently it doesn't come in 75 dose in the patch form. Could it mean I'm no longer peri ? Any advice  welcome.

I also would like to know if anyone takes them gets any side effects from them, just started them today for fourteen days.

Annx

Annie0710

Re: Nausea
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »

Yes I've had the nausea, it went on for months, day in day out, and my taste/appetite has never fully returned although I've put on a bit of the weight I lost with it

annie xx

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:43:04 PM »

Hi Smokey ,

I was on a higher dose HRT last year and I did have nausea .This apparently is due to the oestrogen. It eventually wore off. It is quite common and sounds from what you have posted to be directly due to the increase of oestrogen.
Give it a couple of months to settle.
I found that sucking ginger lozenges for pregnant women ( the only ones I could find) helped. Also eating little and often . So don't worry , it should subside once your body adjusts to the higher dose.
As for the progesterone, take it and see because you may find it suits you ok.
If not, there are other alternatives.

Hope you feel nausea free soon!!

peppermintyxx

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »

I never settled on the higher oestrogen .....I felt sick all the time and was so glad to cut back.

Some people settle and others never will....it all depends on how long you are prepared to put up with it before you either settle or give in to the fact it doesn't suit you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Honeybun
X

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:21:19 PM »

Hello Smokey.

I have often had nausea on this blooming meno journey and it may well be linked to higher oestrogen or at least a change in dose.
I first noticed it years ago and it felt like morning sickness, especially annoying as I never suffered during either of my pregnancies. If it's any consolation it has never lasted very long but it is most unpleasant.

Hope it settles soon and take care.

K.

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »

Thanks everyone for your kind words, at least I don't get it all the time just every few days and now I can relax now I know it's oestrogen causing it.