Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aches and pains.  (Read 7793 times)

Briony

Re: Aches and pains.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »

Know just what you mean - I used to run 40 miles a week and still have bags of energy. Now some days getting out of bed feels like a marathon! X

Hurdity

Re: Aches and pains.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 10:08:57 AM »

Cartwheels HorsesHorses  :o !!!

Even on HRT and doing lots of exercise, eating a healthy diet etc, I still get aches and pains and especially in the morning. I know I'm 61 but also don't want to feel like this at what I feel is such a young age!

I think unless we were able to replace our hormones at the level they were when younger and revitalise the workings of our whole system some sort of creaking is inevitable, but if you are experiencing it while still very young I would definitely make sure my diet had everything in it that it needs to, and if becoing peri-menopausal, then look to replacing at least oestrogen ( + Progestogen if you have a womb) to stave off the worst effects.

This sort of thing is so debilitating and especially if you still have young children. I had my last child at 40 so would not have been able to cope with two young lively boys if I didn't have enough energy and if I was aching much of the time.

I still find getting out of bed difficult - which I never did when younger!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]