Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Hello - new here. Shocked and scared quite frankly  (Read 16466 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello - new here. Shocked and scared quite frankly
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 02:48:36 PM »

A drop off of oestrogen can cause laxity of muscles ……..

BrightLight

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2015, 03:17:44 PM »

"Also not sure if this article was mentioned by others but I wish I'd known earlier:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2800760/should-women-hrt-menopause-experts-say-s-best-way-ease-symptoms-avoid-long-term-health-problems.html
 :-*

Thank you for the article link, it's useful to read about things all in one place - yes definately not enough support from GP's

BrightLight

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »

Well, the sense of extreme muscle weakness seems to have receded somewhat (either that or I am getting used to all this ;) )

New symptom is internal shaking, very cold on the inside.  Not quite the same as hypoglaecemia when you need to eat, but similar.  My appetite has gone and this isn't helping with any of this. 

I was never aware of PMT as a general rule, only noticed things when something was a miss, like an ovarian cyst I had and recently with my weird period - I feel lucky that hormones didn't impact me with such clear messages in the past - they are making up for it now.

In the last two weeks I have experienced this sequence, which started during the odd period I had:

Feeling big waves of nausea
Pains across the whole of my lower back
A headache for the entire day (never have headaches)
Increased bowel movements

(Blood test taken and diagnosed with suspected menopause)
Night sweats - half awake and anxious
Waking early in the morning, unable to get 8 hrs sleep - it's been about 5 each night
Stiffness in lower back and pulling sensations in pelvis
Feeling the energy drain out of me - weak muscles
Slight burning sensation when I want to wee
Increased lack of appetite
Internal tremours - feeling very cold

All of these have passed with only a couple of occurrences and only left with the insomnia/anxiety/sweats.

Hormones are reorganising - of that I am certain

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »

With relation to the bladder symptoms ask your GP for treatment for vaginal atrophy ………

You really are aware of your hormones ………  :tulips2:

BrightLight

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2015, 03:39:41 PM »

CLKD - I really am and I never knew it!   The bladder symptoms have subsided for now, but yes I am going to mention it. 

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »

repeated 'urine infections' can mimic VA - 1 underwent several courses of probably, unrequited antibiotic therapy before my GP noted a pattern …….. and rang me to suggest treatment  ;)

BrightLight

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 03:51:06 PM »

I have read up on bladder issues and uti's and atrophy etc and it's all sounding horrible :(  The most immediate thing I did was to drink a ton of water and begin my pelvic floor excercises and I have no trouble doing those :)  I am hoping it was/is just a temporary reaction in the muscles and tissues etc but I am aware and will tell the GP.  At the time every single muscle and tendon felt lax - it's hard to describe, but they seem a bit stronger now.

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »

pelvic floor exercises can help at any time of Life  ;) - it sounds horrible and can be unless one gets proper treatment for the natural thinning of tissues in and around the vagina.  Which can be plumped up with added oestrogen  ;)

Did you read the threads about these topics on here?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]