Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Finally joined...  (Read 3412 times)

crazylady

Finally joined...
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »

Hi,  I have been on my meno journey for almost 3 years but only just got round to joining the forum. Saying that I have read through posts many times when I have felt low and found great comfort from them. Looking forward to being part of a great website!!! :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Finally joined...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »

:welcomemm: tell us more about yourself.

crazylady

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »

Gosh, where to start! To keep it short...ish I found myself getting a lot more anxious than normal over your everyday worries then out of the blue I started to get crippling anxiety for no apparent reason which really scared the living daylights out of me. Also started waking in the night and not being able to get back to sleep having been the queen of sleep in the past! This was almost 3 years ago when I was 43. I went to the doctors, talked things over and was put on citalopram 20mg. This made me feel horrible at first so went back to docs, saw a lovely lady who said those magic words "I think it could be hormonal".
Basically I stuck with the citalopram which was a lifesaver in the end and once my mood improved was put on hrt also. 3 years down the line I am still on the hrt and 10mg of citalopram and feel great most of the time. I really did know nothing about the perimenopause, thought your periods stopped and you had hot flushes......OMG, how naive was I? :-\

Mrs January

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 08:30:51 PM »

Hi There

Welcome to MM and all the help and support I know it will bring for you.

Hugs

Mrs January xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:26:10 PM »

Every day's a learning curve  ::) - sounds about the same age as I reached peri ….

Have a read of the menus, left of screen.  If your present regime suits you then stick with it but make notes so that you can have an idea what you may require in future: or not.

I take a beta blocka at night and esiCitalopram 5mg night and morning. Helps enormously.

We have a 'funny' room too  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 11:09:10 AM »

:welcomemm:

Millykin

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:16:52 AM »

Welcome crazy lady

Ye i was 41 when diagnosed as peri meno, sort of laughed I had wished for it. Thought it was just periods tailing off and sweats. No need for contraception anymore. Nope got it all wrong! Didn't expect all the nasty feelings that come with it. 44 now so still got a long road in front I think.
X

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »

Welcome - this place is heaven sent - I thought I was going nuts until I found the folk here!

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 06:06:11 PM »

Hi crazylady  :welcomemm: from me too.

I thought exactly the same as you! Periods tail off, stop, a few hot flushes. Bang - finish!  ;D Fortunately I hadn't heard of peri-menopause so was in it without realising even though I cried a lot and had awful pre-menstrual migraines, low blood sugar symptoms etc. I only started thinking about it when my periods stopped for a few months and the flushes and sweats started getting really bad.

What HRT do you use?

Hurdity x

purplenanny

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 06:10:31 PM »

Nothing to add but welcome crazylady , great name choice!

PN x x

crazylady

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »

Got to say I feel so welcome already, thanks. I'm using Climagest 2mg, suits me fine. Over the last 3 years have tried the 1mg but flushes got really bad again and also tried coming off Citalopram altogether but have found this combination is great for me. When I came off Citalopram altogether I could feel that weird anxious feeling creeping back. Felt bad for a while having to take meds as I couldn't understand why I couldn't cope without as I have a lovely family and a happy life????? Once I came to terms that this was not my fault in any way and was out of my control I have accepted that quality of life is far more important than feeling bad about taking a couple of tablets a day!!!

Dorothy

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »

Welcome!  Love your user name, though can't believe no one has chosen it already  ;D

I'm still waiting to meet the person who knew what to expect from perimenopause!  Like you, I was thinking 'hot flushes' but even when I started getting them I didn't twig as I thought I was too young - was only when a friend my age was told that was her problem that I realised!  Think they should teach it at school as part of human biology!

crazylady

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »

;D I agree! When I was asked for a username crazylady just seemed good but never thought for a minute it wouldn't be taken. I am a bit crazy as I have a wicked sense of humour but also I thought I really was going crazy a few years ago! I did actually tell my husband that I thought I maybe needed to go into our local mental health hospital as I really felt at the end of my tether and wanted to hide away from the world until I felt better. Very scarey for us both, he found it very hard to cope with and thought I must be worrying about something that was making me ill when in fact my life couldn't be better. Has been a learning curve about these nasty hormones for him too.

Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »

Hello crazylady.

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll find all the information and help you need on this site.

Take care.

K.