Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice please x  (Read 2521 times)

renee

Advice please x
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »

finished my first pack of Femoston 5 days ago and onto my new pack.....I have had very painful boobs, stabbing pains etc. My period started as it should 4 days ago and it's the heaviest period I have ever had!!

Obviously, I will continue with the Femoston but has anyone experienced this on Femoston? I was on Climagest but wasn't getting a period and my meno symptoms returned.

Thank you for any advice xxx

Millykin

Re: Advice please x
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »

I've been on Femoston 1/10 for 9/10 months. First 3 packs I took a bleed then nothing for next 4 months. When I first started them I did get sore swollen boobs( good cause I dont have any) a few strange twinges but bleed not heavy. It will probably just be a build up of your lining and Femoston has managed to work and shed this for you
X

peegeetip

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 04:32:45 PM »

Hi

took me 6 months+ to get back to feeling normal.

There were some heavy and longer duration periods to start off with.

However I had been going 9months+ between periods just before this.

Earlier was prone to sore boobs too but that's mostly gone now.
Just every now and again they feel a bit tender but not sore.

Hope that helps.

:-*

renee

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »

Thanks for the reply....I haven't had a period for a few months on Climagest so yes it makes sense that this one would be heavy. I have fibroids too so prob best I bleed to release the build up. If you know what I mean.....

I kinda thought all this but it's good to also get a bit of advice....thank crikey for this forum.

❤️

Millykin

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »

Ye we can know in our own minds it's ok but reassurance from others always helps

X

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 06:08:56 PM »

Hi renee

The reason your period is heavy, isn't because you didn't have one on the Climagest - if you are on cyclical HRT and you don't bleed then it means that the lining has not built up to be shed. It's not like with our natural cycle.

The fact that you have bled on this one is either because your own hormones have kicked in a bit more - and added into the mix - ie more oestrogen to build up, or because you have changed HRT. The norethisterone in Climagest is also a more powerful progestogen in keeping the lining thin, than progesterone and dydrogesterone so while you were taking the combi pills it could have helped keep the lining thin.

The other thing is the doses of the different tabs - are they both the same oestrogen dose? A higher oestrogen dose will build up more lining.

Also your fibroids may have grown slightly so more likely to bleed as time goes on.

So not necessarily straightforward but all perfectly normal!

Hurdity x

renee

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »

Hi Huridty and thank you for your advice.
Yes Im on the same mg as I was on with the Climagest....I will just have to wait and see how the bleeding goes and hope things settle.

This Menooause malarkey has been a real roller coaster ride for us all on here!!

❤️❤️