Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Horrible anxiety today  (Read 6443 times)

Briony

Re: Horrible anxiety today
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 08:07:14 PM »

You never know, Gypsy Rose Lee - I had a terrible time on the progesterone only pill so was dreading this part of the HRT. Four months on and I like the bio-identical progesterone so much, I want to switch to taking a small amount 26 days a month. I can't believe I am saying that, given that it was the progesterone part of HRT which I feared so much!
What are you now going to take? Am I right in thinking that previously you were offered Evorel (the patches with progesterone for part of the month)? If so, be careful as I know a lot of ladies find this particular type difficult. Utrogestan appears to be better tolerated. B x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 11:15:54 AM »

Hi Briony

I must admit I am dreading the progesterone session of HRT. But your experience gives me hope.

But, having said that (I've mentioned in another reply to you) I am currently feeling on top of the world, and have been for several days when I 'should' be reacting to progesterone (my period is due on Saturday).

I don't know what is going on, I really don't? 5 days ago I was feeling very low and riddled with anxiety. Now this?

I am waiting to hear from my consultant. I wrote to her and told her I wasn't prepared to try the Evorel Conti, as I just didn't think it right for me.

Briony

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how you feel during and after your period, compared with now. Whereas I used to get PMS, now I seem to be at my best in the week/ten days before I come on, then it all goes down hill from there! My GP says 200mg of Utrogestan is quite a big dose to take and therefore, when I stop it for a bleed, my body could be experiencing withdrawal symptoms. That's why I am contemplating taking it for 26 days per month, but at a lower dosage (and that's from the girl who dreaded HRT because of the progesterone!). If you can fight for Utrogestan, I would. I take it vaginally to limit potential side effects even more. Wasn't too sure about this initially, but really is not a problem.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 09:35:37 PM »

If I can, I will try for Utrogestan certainly. It seems to be a firm favourite on here.

I am still feeling on top of the world. This is so odd. I am also feeling much more hungry than I have done for the past few months and I am back to craving sweet things (which I haven't done for months).

It's all gone topsy turvy  :-\

honorsmum

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 10:01:58 PM »

If I can, I will try for Utrogestan certainly. It seems to be a firm favourite on here.

I am still feeling on top of the world. This is so odd. I am also feeling much more hungry than I have done for the past few months and I am back to craving sweet things (which I haven't done for months).

It's all gone topsy turvy  :-\

Your experience sounds like mine this month.
Having spent the previous couple of months the barely able to eat, the last 2 weeks I've been starving and had to eat every couple of hours (and even in the night). The couple of days before my period arrived last Saturday, I slept better and was anxiety free pretty much until yesterday - whereas last month,I was a tearful wreck in the lead up to my period.
I guess every cycle is different in peri?
Pages: 1 [2]