Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Waterproof walking trousers!  (Read 6484 times)

hanging.on.in.there

Waterproof walking trousers!
« on: January 20, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »

Hi- any recommendations or otherwise for shower/waterproof walking trousers??

So many to choose from. Will be used for 'normal' muddy walks in the Lakes mainly and some gentle fells. I do like to walk briskly, so do work up a sweat, so need to be good and breathable and soft ideally!

Thanks ! x

rosebud57

Re: Waterproof walking trousers!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »

I have some Craghoppers, which are pretty good.

Main problems is leg length.  At 5'3" everything is too long in the leg.

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:40:40 AM »

I have a pair of Berghaus Womens Deluge overtrousers which have side zips from hip to ankle and press studs to seal them down. They come in a variety of lengths too  :)

I use them for walking in the North Yorkshire Moors so they would be ideal for muddy Lakes walks - actually I just remembered I wore them when I was walking in Grizedale last October. I like working up a sweat too.

If you buy some Nikwax, you can re-waterproof them after washing.

Galadriel x

bramble

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:47:11 AM »

I have Regatta waterproof trousers and they are fine. Small enough to roll up into rucksack. Did have a pair of waterproof and lined trousers to wear on their own but found they did not keep their proofness after so many washes. And they needed washed a lot! Our walks in the hills were muddy and dirty very often.
Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »

I don't think there's much to pick and choose really, all the modern walking companies seem to use the same breathable technology, Gor-Tex is useful.  Mine are Sway Way I think and fold up really small, they are light weight and I wear them when it's very windy, cold weather, like at this time of year, in the rain …….. they also wash and dry really quickly, DH turns the hose on me  ;D

NikkiDUK

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 10:41:29 PM »

I do my wolf walking in Craghoppers Kiwi Pro walking trousers - not cheap at around £45 (can find cheaper on Internet or at country shows) but ideal as fairly waterproof but if they get wet they dry quickly and pretty weatherproof. Have worn both summer and winter and never felt too hot or cold. If you get muddy, a quick rinse and spin in the machine and they come out fresh and dry quickly. Best strides I've found!b

hanging.on.in.there

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 12:33:25 PM »

How funny NikkiDUK, that is exactly what I bought and they are sooo comfy, very pleased, and they are encouraging me to walk even more  ( come on they say.......)

Cheers