Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Burning and stinging sensations around vulva  (Read 13169 times)

Millykin

Re: Burning and stinging sensations around vulva
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »

I think  trimethoprim is the standard they give out until sample is sent away. I first had co amoxclav for 7 days but that didn't touch it then they gave me trimethoprim for 7 days but told to check after 3 and mine was gone. It knocked the stuffing out of me at the same time.
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 10:31:56 PM »

Hi Maryjane
I have been more comfortable since having both systemic HRT with Vagifem twice a week.
I can still get some burning and my theory is that my urethra has permanently collapsed or atrophied so that I may not be emptying my bladder properly every time and this may lead to mild infection or inflammation building up in the urethra. I am quite disciplined about making sure I empty my bladder properly these days - I will lean forward and backwards to help this.  I try to make sure I drink enough, though I have to limit the amount I drink in the evenings or I will still get up several times at night. At least on systemic HRT I fall back to sleep ok having got up to pee.
When my burning was at it's worst, there wasn't any sign of infection, only blood in my urine and the urologist said it was likely to be interstitial cystitis (i don't get bladder pain, only a burning urethra) - a diagnosis which is very frustrating as there seems so little they can do about it! I've tried avoiding certain foods and drinks but the only things that do make it worse are very acidic drinks like fruit juices.
I have to say I dread to think what it will be like as I get older and have to stop the systemic HRT as the local stuff only helps intermittently.  DG x

PMB63

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 11:52:24 PM »

Hello again
Day 2 on antibiotics but still feeling SOOOO uncomfortable down below. I've managed 7 days on the vaginal Utrogestan, but could not bear to use it tonight. I just hope that 7 days was long enough.  I may have to try it orally next month, but worried about side effects.  My stomach seems quite sensitive with medication possibly due to my hiatis hernia.
Do others experience side effects with oral Utrogestan?
P x
Pages: 1 [2]