Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Ladies your help please  (Read 2980 times)

Alua197

Ladies your help please
« on: January 24, 2015, 06:38:47 AM »

So I am perimeno. Have had debilitating symptoms for past year. To cut a long story short was told to try 100mcg patch for two months on its own to see if there was any therapeutic benefit then cycle in some p. well I live in Central Queensland 40 degree heat and my patches will no longer stick. I'm in the pool most days with my kids and doing half hour aerobics daily which leaves me literally p):&$;$:&: with sweat. I can't imagine estrogen is being delivered properly under said circumstances. So I have some sandrena 1mg sachets in my fridge and am thinking gel might be better under the circumstances. So 100mcg patch could I replace with 1mg sandrena? My poor body won't know what's going on. We are likely to have two more months of this hellish weather so I see the patch problem continuing and was warned about it by my consultant. Thanks ladies. And just when my sleep was starting to improve too!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ladies your help please
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »

I would wilt under such heat and humidity ……..  :-\

I am sure that someone who uses HRT patches will be along >wave<

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 11:20:14 AM »

Not a problem that we tend to have here in the UK.... the heat I mean! Some patches do stick more securely than others. I have found Evorel patches stick well and where you you put them also makes a difference, away from any clothes seams or edges that might catch. I find the best place for me is below the top of my pants, away from the seam towards the back. I put my palm over the patch for 2 minutes to warm it so it adheres better. I now find it difficult to peel them off. Whether this would still be effective in the conditions you have to contend with I don't know, but I did struggle to keep other patches on at first, even with UK temperatures. As my prescriptions merely states estradiol patches, rather than a make, I have had the chance to try several makes and some stick better than others.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »

I use Estradot patches & they have survived Caribbean heat and being in pool. Gel applied at bedtime may be better, or different patch.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 12:45:14 PM »

Hi Alua

I'm not a gel user but I think you'll find that 100 mcg oestrogen patch, when properly adhered delivers a much higher dose than 1 mg Sandrena, but a lot depends on the individual, how it is absorbed and how you apply it. If you are finding the 100 mcg patches aren't sticking then perhpas the gel might be a better option. I'm not sure about how the absorption from just under the skin occurs once the gel has dried - and whether this is affected by sweating - haven't looked into this.

Why not give it a go?

Hurdity x

Alua197

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 11:13:03 PM »

Well I re stuck the patch on elsewhere and it's still in place. Maybe somebody is trying to tell me not to work up a sweat. All I know is that for five nights in a row I have had 7 plus hours sleep. Maybe coincidence or maybe the patches are working. I was blaming earlier insomnia on the patch but since I have doubled dose the past five nights is the best sleep I have had in ages.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 11:59:28 AM »

Main benefits of HRT for me have been to sleep better and have more energy, as well as almost stop flushes and sweats.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:56:03 PM »

Isn't it all Trial and Error ……….. now where's SuziQ when we need her  ::)