Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So : we don't attend a party and get a bill  (Read 10017 times)

Ju Ju

Re: So : we don't attend a party and get a bill
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 08:14:40 PM »

Well I couldn't afford big children's parties. We had a few friends around for my daughter's party and I made the tea. I took pleasure in making novelty cakes. The childrenwent home with a piece of cake and a balloon. My daughter has good memories of her parties. My son hated all parties and was relieved to find that you didn't have to have one. Instead we took him and a friend on an outing of his choice. What is all this nonsense about parties about? It's more about the parents. We were honest with our children about what we could and could not afford. They didn't demand things. They have grown up not very materialistic. They just want to be able to afford to pay the bills. They appreciate things, but that's not what makes them happy.

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 10:44:37 PM »

Eldest GD had a soft play party in P1 for closest friends. Last year she was up here, so we all went to Pizza place. Granny, aka moi, bought the cake & the balloon. Not once did she say she wanted a party. It's how they are brought up that counts, not the fancy parties. It gets so out of hand financially.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »

Ju Ju - the same with my Mum.  She enjoyed doing the party stuff as she was a teacher  ;)

Scampi

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 02:58:51 PM »

My daughter hated parties - she was very selective about the invites she accepted.  And she never had a party herself - she used to choose 2 or 3 special friends and do something with them.  There were never any recriminations because she didn't have whole class parties, but then she did go to a friendly village primary school where all the mums (or grandmas) knew eachother very well.
Pages: 1 [2]