Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: just had an accident for the first time in years  (Read 2939 times)

Dandelion

just had an accident for the first time in years
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:07 AM »

I got this sudden urge to wee, but it wouldn't wait and before I had got to the toilet part of my clothes were wet with it, like trousers and knickers.  had to dump the wet clothes in the wash, wipe the areas i'd wet on my self. and get clean knickers and trousers.

Crikey, I am glad I was at home because that could have been well awkward.

I am normally ok with getting to the toilet in a timely fashion,but this was different. the wee was coming anyway, no waiting till i get to the loo.
It was a more sensitive type wee, where the liquid is warm and feels full of some substance that can make your skin feel nice. I felt an irritation when it came out, but nothing nasty, more like the feeling from the ends of an infectoin.

Taz2

Re: just had an accident for the first time in years
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 07:14:44 AM »

I used to experience this (urge incontinence) from time to time around period time. There is info here on what can cause it and how to prevent it http://www.patient.co.uk/health/urge-incontinence

Pelvic floor exercises are a must!!

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 08:52:35 AM »

I've had the odd accident for years. I'd be aware I needed to go, but was fine until I got into the house. Annoying, but I think for me it has something to do with relaxing because I'm nearly there, just not quite!

Jenna

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:43:21 AM »

I would get your urine tested at the doctor's, just in case you do have the beginning of an infection. It would be better to get it sorted early if you do have one developing.

Jenna x

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 01:21:55 PM »

I get something like this too - like Taz says, just before a period.  It got worse in my last 4 years on the pill and is a bigger problem now.

It often comes with thrush or thrush-like symptoms or 'nearly' thrush.  Constipation does not help, but does not cause it.  I just had a really big cycle, with v sore breasts etc and a big drop in hormones which resulted in 8 pairs of soaked knickers and a skirt (I wasn't wearing tights or trousers for obvious reasons).  I have previously had a total accident just before a concert I was singing in but had my concert dress to change into, and another time soaked the car seat.

Things I am trying include cutting out anything that irritates the bladder (coffee, alcohol), drinking plenty water, upping the vagifem, using multi-gyn actigel to avoid thrush, avoiding constipation.  I try and go to the loo as soon as I notice I need to go.

You can be prescribed things to calm your bladder, like oxybutenol, but as it is a very intermittent problem and they can make constipation worse, I am not keen for myself.

I would get your urine tested, just in case.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »

I know that spayed bitches can suffer incontinence and there is a drug for that.  I don't know when I have stopped passing urine, as I don't have much sensation there.  It's only the noise on the water that tells me I don't need to relax any longer  ::)

Is there a Continence Nurse attached to your Surgery?