Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Moving House!  (Read 2878 times)

bev567901

Moving House!
« on: January 18, 2015, 08:00:58 PM »

This time last year I used to get a semi panic attack just looking on rightmove &
thinking of the whole process, I wouldn't have been able to even get out & view a house BUT we are moving!! We are heading to Wales just over 1 1/4 hrs away. Our house is sold & we are buying an empty house that has been repossessed. It's a hard procedure as it doesn't come off the market until you exchange so gazumping is rife. No idea how I can now cope? HRT? AD? Time?  It's going to be a long slog as it's in a huge mess & we shall be leaving all our home comforts behind plus the kids will move schools etc etc. It's exciting but a little daunting. I think I will get my next 6 mths of HRT ordered before I go!!!  ;D

honeybun

Re: Moving House!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »

Been there done that and survived.....our last house was a wreck. Think caravan kitchen and multiply by ten and your not even close  ::)

It's amazing what you can do and kids are so adaptable.

Wishing you the best of luck in your new ( hopefully) house.

Honeyb
X

bev567901

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »

Thank you Honey B it's a bit of a money pit but it's a dream come true. Just hoping when gas, elec & water are switched back on there has been no sabotage. It's lovely to feel excited not scared for once but I will miss my lovely home as we have worked hard here, some of my trees will be mourned but we can plant again. Xx

bramble

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »

How exciting to be moving and having a major project! I wish you all the best for a new and fulfilling life in your new home. It will be a huge sense of achievement when it is all done.

Bramble

Millykin

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »

good luck Bev on your new project, it will keep you occupied keep your mind focused on other things rather than meno symptons. all sounds very exciting and end results will be great. :D
x

Mrs January

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »

Hi Bev

I am about to move too. Feeling both excited and scared to be honest . Buying it alone too and taking my two teenagers and my boy's girlfriend with us......

How do we get through it? well I don't know but what I do know is that it is new beginnings and we should embrace them ...

Hugs Mrs January xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:25:55 AM »

I get anxiety even thinking about it - and I don't want to leave my ponds/garden but I do want to live by the sea.  I kid myself that if we had 'more' money we could do it  :D  - do you have a date yet?

Mrs January

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »

Hi CKLD

I have a date of 14th Feb Valentines day ...so not very long, also is only about mile form where we live now

Mrs J xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 01:05:18 PM »

……. and is it likely that you and Bev will be moving on the same day  ;D

bev567901

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »

Hee hee mine may be Friday 13th Feb. That will be a 3 week turn around & my husbands shed needs 3 weeks. I hope we can exchange then & get another couple of weeks to 'sort'. Ours is a dream by the sea move CKLD but have had to compromise a little bit due to prices but not too far away & a huge lake is nearby too. Send me your to do list Mrs J I am bound to forget something that needs cancelling or setting up. I keep seeing things we must remember to take, I'm sure we will forget stuff that needs to go :) x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »

;D "shed needs 3 weeks" ……….

Mrs January

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 04:29:42 PM »

Hey Bev

I have had a awful year last year, so see the house as a new beginning.....As yet I have no to do list sorted ! but all large furniture is labelled and has the room it is to end up in on it.......hope the removal people will be kind to us too.

I live with three teenagers who are about as much support just now as a chocolate tea pot bless them........I guess it will all happen and stress is a wasted emotion so I am not going there xxx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »

I did that when we moved ourselves - put a label on with what was in each box and which room it was to be put.  When we were 'moved', the men pulled stuff from all the rooms and mixed them into boxes - we were 3 boxes before we found the cutlery the next morning  ;D and the kittens loved it, investigating each box as we took off the lids …..