Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lady care magnet  (Read 11261 times)

Dorothy

Re: Lady care magnet
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:10 AM »

I am not saying magnets don't work on pets, but you should be aware that the owners' belief/non-belief in an alternative therapy can affect how the animal responds to a therapy.  I knew someone who was involved in research in this area, and they found that a placebo given to a pet with an owner who believed in the therapy was more effective than the real therapy give to a pet whose owner was a sceptic!

When I got my rescue dog, she was very traumatised. and I couldn't believe the number of very expensive treatments I was offered that were either rubbish or claimed to do far more than they would do.  We so long for things to work for our pets that it isn't surprising we communicate that longing to them.

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 10:22:19 AM »

No matter how I longed for my dog to be pain free would have made no difference.
She is not the only animal I saw benefit from magnetic therapy. Even my vet was surprised at the range of movement she regained.

Just my thoughts and experiences of course but sometimes we need to be more open to these things.

Honeyb
x

Dandelion

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »

I tried it for a fortnight but it never worked.
Maybe I didn't give it long enough.
Evorel patches and utrogestan have worked best for me.

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 11:40:42 PM »

You don't have a shaggy coat and a wet nose Dandelion  ;D

Honeyb
x

Sphere27

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2019, 11:20:11 AM »

Have to say thix was the first thing I tried with my meno symptoms and I got really good results for over a year as did a couple of my friends. Don't poo poo it till you try it!!

roseandthorn

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »

There is no reliable evidence, no. However anecdotally I used to put my lower back out about twice a year and was in awful pain until the muscle spasm subsided, usually a week at least. After a particularly bad attack when I had to have Valium and codydramol I got better,  but the menopausal constant aches remained in my lower back, hips etc. Fed up, I bought the lady magnet. All I can say is I have had no episodes of flat out back pain since ( we're talking eight years). Not one. I don't wear it all the time, but I do get more achey if I leave it off for long.
It didn't help with any other symptoms of the menopause. And yes, it attaches you to supermarket trolleys and I don't wear it going through security at airports, or getting into gigs....it's not easy explaining it away to sour-faced borderforce officers or burly security persons  🤣🤣

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2019, 07:03:37 PM »

Sphere - not sure why you resurrected this ancient thread which is 4.5 years old that you've already posted on? All that needs to be said has been said already including your own experience, and subsequent responses to it?

No evidence whatsoever beyond placebo - which is great - but no need to waste money on fancy magnets in pink pouches or however they're packaged (are they really?). If anyone wants to try a magnet - get one from a DIY store!!! You can tell I'm not a fan of these companies exploiting women in this way - laughing all the way to the bank  ;D .

It is perfectly fine also to form an opinion on something based on available evidence and even with lack of personal experience. This is how many of us help others on this forum - I've only tried a few things but have read about others so can often report what I've read.

This thing (this device!) pops up from time to time so we have to slap it down before other people waste precious months hoping for miracles  ::) !! It can be something simple like your own cycle helping to improve symptoms too - due to increased oestrogen. Hence reports that it worked for a while and then didn't...

Once again girls DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]