Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lady care magnet  (Read 11264 times)

zodiac

Lady care magnet
« on: January 17, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »

Hi has anyone tryed the ladycare magnet and does it realy work, and was there any weired symptoms from useing it x

Joyce

Re: Lady care magnet
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 09:54:49 AM »

Think it's a case of don't waste your money. I did look at them some time ago. GP said anything involving magnets was not a good idea.

If you're looking for alternatives to HRT, have a look at green menu on here.

Dorothy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 11:09:42 AM »

I used a magnet for period problems as I was desperate because nothing else had worked.  Absolutely zero results.  Wonder if a lot of the positive results reported are from people whose problems have been made worse by stress and thinking the magnet will 'cure' them makes them less stressed so the trouble eases? 

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »

Agreed - no scientific basis whatsoever - the treatment is rejected by gynaecologists. The effect is placebo (which can be powerful depending on what you are trying to alleviate) - but don't waste your money!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 12:39:51 PM »

And you can attach yourself to shopping trolleys  ;D

It would be wonderful if it did work though.

Honeyb
x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 08:18:08 PM »

I do believe in the power of magnetic therapy though.

Years ago I had a Golden Retriever who had iffy joints. She was getting so slow. I bought a very expensive magnetic collar. I put it on her and within weeks her aches and pains had gone. She never told me she was hurting...I could tell by the way she moved....she never told me she felt better....but she was backing to running with joy in her heart.

So magnets have their place.....my dog did not know she was wearing one....so in my mind it could not have been....in fact was impossible to be a placebo.

Honeyb
X

Jan7612

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 01:17:19 PM »

I find the magnets work really well. Have used them twice now and my flushes reduce by around 80%  ;D the only down side being that you need to wear big knickers! Lol I don't like wearing knickers at night, so use micro pore tape to attach it yo my tummy

Sunnydays

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »

Hi, I tried it on and off for a year. I don't think it worked although I desperately wanted it to. You have to remove it if you are unwell or any things that could  upset its working so basically I never got to wear it for more than 2 months before something happened and meant I had to remove it for 21 days ( as noted in their literature).
I too got stuck to shopping trolleys and baskets and Jan7612, I used tape at night as I don't like wearing knickers in bed. And I had to wear big knickers in the day which was a nuisance!!
Having said all this, later in my meno career, I would consider trying it again. It's in the drawer waiting for me!!

Jennie

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 11:47:11 AM »

Tried it as I was desperate to stop hot flushes.....waste of money...no effect for me..save your money. X

Dulciana

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 01:51:15 PM »

I find the magnets work really well. Have used them twice now and my flushes reduce by around 80%  ;D the only down side being that you need to wear big knickers! Lol I don't like wearing knickers at night, so use micro pore tape to attach it yo my tummy
Me too, Jan7612.  I used one for about two years and whether it's coincidence or not, I never got any night sweats.  I did exactly as you did and attached it with micropore at night.  Meant I could still use it during hot weather.  My symptoms have reduced quite a lot now, so I don't need to use it any more.   But it worked for me.

Sphere27

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 09:22:33 PM »

Hi
I used it for 2 years with great results regarding the flushes. Unfortunately then got other symptoms and went on hrt. I would highly recommend you try it. 6 of my friends used it all with positive results

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 09:59:01 PM »

Just to repeat - any effect is placebo (or the flushes were going anyway because in peri-menopause when they come and go) - no scientific basis. Lovely to feel that something works but trials do not back this up!!

Please please do not waste your money!!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »

So how can my dogs positive reaction wearing a magnet be explained.

It may well do nothing for meno symptoms but magnets do have some part to play especially with animals. I have a friend whose horse has a magnetic head collar, it has helped this horse so much.

I think the point I am trying to make is that animals have no placebo response at all.....it helps them.....so   ???

Honeybun
X

Cassie

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 05:07:53 AM »

Dont underestimate the power of magnetic therapy, the BEMER machine is based on bio electro magnetic therapy and is a wonderful invention, google it... however, I think the problem is, that most of the magnets one buys in the smaller products are not strong enough that is why they do not work.

Loulou1959

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 07:30:55 AM »

Sorry but you can't poo poo something just because there's no scientific proof. If it is a placebo effect but works, who cares? It works. I used one after spending fortunes on herbal remedies, acupuncture, etc. It most definitely reduced the hot flushes and I had no other side effects. After wasting fortunes on other stuff it's got to be worth a try.
Pages: [1] 2