Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What music do you chill out to?  (Read 13430 times)

Rowan

Re: What music do you chill out to?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 08:03:01 PM »

Have you downloaded all of the tracks cubagirl?

One of my favourites is "Circles of Reflection"

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 08:04:32 PM »

It depends on my mood but it has to have words - I'm no good with just music even though I've tried really hard!

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 09:29:06 PM »

It's a shame Taz because Indian  Sitar music can be very relaxing.

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 10:32:06 PM »

All the tracks SL. Yes that is a lovely one.

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 10:33:42 PM »

If something has words I end up singing along, then can't get tune out my head.

Dulciana

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »

"If something has words I end up singing along, then can't get tune out my head."

Ah!  Musical!

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 12:38:46 PM »

Classic FM as it is like a box of chocolates, small tastes of lots of nice things with an occasional one that isn't to your liking.

If I want a prolonged piece of music then I like Massenet's Last sleep of the Virgin and Meditation from thais, but If I want to be uplifted then its the Proclaimers every time  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 04:59:32 PM »

You mentioned chilling out and winding down Dulciana so I presume that precludes loud music - which I also enjoy depending on my mood - but really when I'm wanting to liven up rather than wind down!

For me it often depends what new CDs I have (or that my sons have lent me) and I too got some for Christmas - so at the moment (ie over these weeks) when I'm in the quietening down mood - I am listening and enjoying Emily Barker and the Red Clay Halo "Despite the Snow", a couple of CDs by J Tillman (Father John Misty) ex of Fleet Foxes that one of my sons gave me, and Jose Gonzalez "In our Nature" that another son gave me. Also generally Gillian Welch I find wonderfully laid back so I'm going through a phase of listening to her quite a bit too. Others I enjoy chilling to are bands like Fleet Foxes, Porcupine Tree, Bon Iver and similar ilk. I listen to these when I'm in the kitchen cooking mainly.

When I'm driving to my various work engagements (usually no more than 25 miles away) I often listen to Classic FM because it is so relaxing and sometimes try to guess what the piece or composer is. I hate the adverts though.

I'm not very good at remembering words of the songs I listen to though!

Hurdity x

Dulciana

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »

You mentioned chilling out and winding down Dulciana so I presume that precludes loud music - which I also enjoy depending on my mood - but really when I'm wanting to liven up rather than wind down!
Hurdity x

Fair enough, Hurdity!

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 06:13:43 PM »

I love Emily Barker's stuff Hurdity!

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 11:10:57 PM »

I saw her at a festival a few years ago and went to see her because I knew of her from the Wallander theme "Nostalgia" - brilliant evocative song everyone btw if you don't know it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb-AvN7RYPk  :)  I am trying to learn to play this but v hard to play and sing it at the same time because the guitar part is tricky!
Do you have any of her CDs Taz and if so can you recommend me another one to get as I'd like to hear more? !

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 11:22:33 PM »

How about Dear River? You can have a listen here http://emilybarker.bandcamp.com/album/dear-river-2.  I love In the Winter I Returned. I first met them at The Union Chapel in Islington - what a lovely venue and, despite my not usually liking female voices, I really enjoyed her set.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »

Thanks Taz  :)

Hurdity x

oldsheep

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 07:16:02 PM »

I love the Union Chapel too, although a trek from here. Tip: hire a cushion  ;D

the most relaxing music I find is still Buena Vista Social Club. "Dos gardenias para ti".......zzzz. lovely.

Dulciana

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »

Just remembered an old favourite that I used to chill out to, but haven't heard for ages - Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells.   I particularly loved to put this on when it was snowing!
Pages: 1 [2] 3