Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Feeling spaced out  (Read 6301 times)

Essexragdoll

Feeling spaced out
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »

Does anyone have this constant spaced out feeling. I have been suffering this for about 6 weeks now, sometimes it's worse than others especially when I am in a supermarket or after looking at the pc at work for a long time. I find it really hard to concentrate sometimes, and it also effects my eyes if I am in a room with dim lightng. I also get a little bit of what I think is vertigo as I have not had it before I am not totally sure. It's almost like my brain does  a little flip in my head. My dr thinks it's anxiety, but is this what other ladies have referred to as brain fog ??
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:15:26 PM by Essexragdoll »

Rowan

Re: Feeling spaced out
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 04:35:36 PM »

I get these symptoms when my BPPV is active ( not necessarily spinning sensations) it effects the eye and senses, also the brain that tries to compensate hence the brain fog. I use to get it in supermarkets (lights), and at the computer. The blip in the head is very familiar to me.

For me is s nothing to do with hormones, it is though that it is causes by  debris (crystals) in the ear that shifts out of place and causes symptoms.

I can't say that you have the same thing  Essexragdoll only that these symptoms are very like my own.

Panic attacks and anxiety can cause similar symptoms.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:51:48 PM by silverlady »

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 04:46:32 PM »

Yes, I sometimes get that weird 'flip' sensation in my head, just a split second of disorientation. Quite odd.

Essexragdoll

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »

When you say your BPPV is active GipseyRoseLee is the feeling constant, I have been spaced out for about 6 weeks and my doctor is convinced it's because I had a week of anxiety and low mood, however lots of ladies  on here mention brain fog but I'm not really sure if that's what this is.

Briony

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »

I did have it a lot - it used to feel like I didn't have my contacts in/glasses on, even though I did. Used to get a pumping, whooshing sound in my head too. Now on month four of HRT and this has eased considerably. x

Amandajane46

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »

Hi yes I have this when I go supermarket it's like I'm dreaming or zombie like all goes dark around me I hate it and I'm perimenopause

Essexragdoll

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:03:29 PM »

That's exactly how I would describe it Amanda , like I'm in a dream it's really tiring trying to concentrate on what I'm doing.  I also get whooshing and slight ringing in my ears Briony.It's a lot better when I'm at home relaxed so I think it is anxiety caused by the menopause, who knows what weird and wonderful things our hormones are up to.

Amandajane46

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »

Hi yes I would agree anxiety due to menopause hormones  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:17:55 PM by Amandajane46 »

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 09:15:58 PM »

For me it's caused by anxiety. At my worse point I couldn't stand in a queue, hubby had to do it.

When I recognised it for what it was then I started to read some self help books ( never thought I would ) and brought some coping tequniques into play to help.

Everyone is different of course but that's what caused my problems.

Honeyb
X