Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Boots Menolieve  (Read 4875 times)

kinglake

Boots Menolieve
« on: January 15, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »

Hiya i take one menolieve a day  do you think i could take another at bedtime ? The night sweats/flushes are really bad at the moment and i get very little sleep.Any one else on menolieve ?

honeybun

Re: Boots Menolieve
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »

I would love to say yes but it's doubtful that they will help at all. The only thing that will really stop flushes is oestrogen.

Anyway if you have a look at the menu on the left there is a section on alternatives that may give you some other ideas that might help.

Honeyb
X

kinglake

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 03:44:45 PM »

I would love to say yes but it's doubtful that they will help at all. The only thing that will really stop flushes is oestrogen.

Anyway if you have a look at the menu on the left there is a section on alternatives that may give you some other ideas that might help.

Honeyb
X
  Oh ok many thanks

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 04:12:47 PM »

Hi kinglake and welcome to MM
The nights are horrid when suffering with the inability to control ones body temperature.  Sleep deprivation is torture.
I'm afraid the only thing that has worked for me is HRT.
Do read up all the stuff under the headings to the left of this screen to get really clued up and get back to us with questions.   DG x

kinglake

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 11:03:13 AM »

Hi kinglake and welcome to MM
The nights are horrid when suffering with the inability to control ones body temperature.  Sleep deprivation is torture.
I'm afraid the only thing that has worked for me is HRT.
Do read up all the stuff under the headings to the left of this screen to get really clued up and get back to us with questions.   DG x

Thanks but i really am trying to stay off HRT

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »

Hi kinglake
I really understand your wish to stay off HRT - many women are not happy with taking any form of medication. You don't tell us your age or where in your menopause journey are?
There are some great books with advice about how to cope with the menopause without HRT. During my time off HRT my ways of coping were:

Diet high in isoflavines/phtyoestrogens e.g. soya, pulses etc.- a good amount of calcium each day for the bones is vital.
Menopace + Omega 3  daily
Long brisk walks every day.
2.5 tog duvet - cotton sheets and nightclothes.
Cotton/linen clothes in layers that can be stripped off & on as necessary.
Pace yourself - you need to rest a lot more generally. I managed to go part time with my work or I couldn't have coped at all.
Regular Mindful Meditation - really helps to get through the terrible fatigue and cope with anxiety.
I took Nytol 2-3 times a week to give myself some decent nights ( the one with anithistermine in it you buy from the counter at the chemist not the herbal one).
If your meno symptoms are bad then in my experience you need time and money to be able to cope as holding down full time job can be difficult.
Sadly nobody can tell you how long the symptoms will last but many women find things settle within a couple of years.
If you do find that your quality of life is being seriously impeded then please don't think that HRT is somehow a sign of weakness - it isn't a drug, it's about replacing the hormones your body craves.
Keep posting.DG x