Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Do you think Oestrogel could help me?  (Read 4097 times)

babyjane

Do you think Oestrogel could help me?
« on: January 06, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »

I posted this as an afterthought in another thread but think the question might get lost so I am repeating it here

Do you think I could benefit from trying Oestrogel this late in the day? My womb was removed at age 38, ovaries retained, I've probably had peri meno symptoms since forever but I didn't know about such things back then  ::), the hot flushes started at 52 - they're less bothersome now - but bad sleeping and anxiety with mind racing now.  I am 58 years old.

My quality of life is not too bad, I am not desperate, but I sometimes wonder if things could be improved on a little.

donnacrichton

Re: Do you think Oestrogel could help me?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 05:10:38 PM »

Sorry not able to help but lots of ladies will hopefully be along soon. Just wanted to let you know there is a lot of lovely support on this site x

Winterose

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »

I have no womb but retained ovaries and am on Estradot patches which suit me really well. They certainly help with the sleeping and  anxiety - they almost make on e feel normal again - if we can remember what that is! Occasionally get a hot flush but only at night time.

I am 57 , go and see your Gp and perhaps try a low dose of oestrogel or a patch, let us know how you get on.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »

I replied on your other thread babyjane

Hurdity x

Melbury

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 09:05:07 PM »

I had hysterectomy at 49, kept ovaries and then menopause hit at about 53.  Tried loads of natural remedies - some of which worked for a while - and then started on Oestrogel when I was 55 (I am 60 now).  I opted for this because I just didn't want to take a tablet.  I think it has helped with many of the symptoms, I use two squirts a day and intend to keep doing so. 

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 10:22:12 AM »

Yes, thank you Hurdity, I replied to you there.

Thank you ladies, I am going to make an appointment to see about this.    :thankyou:

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 05:04:00 PM »

Thank you for the endorsement stellajane as I am very sensitive to everything it seems.

I have an appointment for next Thursday.  Thank you for all the input  :)

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 05:38:39 PM »

My doctor is not against me trying some HRT, possibly Oestrogel, but as my thyroid levels are not stable at the moment he wants me to wait until I have seen my endocrinologist next week and see if he agrees about it after he has seen my blood works.  I am quite happy with this  :)