Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: worry worry worry  (Read 5020 times)

jedigirl

worry worry worry
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:35:22 AM »

I astound myself with the amount of worrying i managed to fit in before i get out of bed on a morning.I now wake everyday between 5 and 530 and worry for the next hour. Today's worries were; my son starting  comp in september ,my daughter going to France, my son starting driving lessons ,my husband working in a government building (it might be attacked!) and how well my mum is today, the list goes on, it's exhausting! I know I will get up and the worrying eases but hate that hour. All part of my morning anxiety  ::)

Dyan

Re: worry worry worry
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 09:14:39 AM »

:hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »

Early morning waking is a sign of depression.  Do you keep a journal of your worries?  Perhaps put each worry onto a line and put the logical answer beside it.  Have you talked to your children/husband?  Getting your worries into the open can help!

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »

I start my day like that. Now I get up and make a cuppa then go back to bed and read a book. I find doing that really helps rather than lying and dwelling. Try changing your routine, it may well help.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 10:10:29 AM »

that constant mind chatter can be infuriating and totally irrational.  I too get this only for it to ease away after breakfast so I think low blood sugar could make it worse.

jedigirl

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »

Thanks all, some good advice as always.  ;)
comforting to know I'm not the only worrier here! I'm fine again now and will give myself a talking to before i go to sleep but i know it'll be the same again tomorrow ::) hey ho, not the worst thing thats reared its ugly head through peri!

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »

Hi jedigirl - most of those things you probably don't really need to worry about, but I'm like you, if I'm lying awake in bed things race through my mind - and what a waste of energy that is!! So - do you think you've had enough sleep by then? If so maybe go to bed a bit later so that you might sleep a little longer and then you can get up and not have that hour awake?  Are you tired at night? Maybe increase the amount of physical activity you do in the day, if you don't do much at the moment, so that you will sleep deeper and hopefully more refreshed? If you're getting hot sweats that wake you too early then maybe your HRT needs adjusting.....

Hurdity x

jedigirl

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 05:09:21 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I am tired when i go to bed, often wake up early needing the loo though! Have a busy teaching job so active through the day. No sweats at the moment either . Guess it's just an unwelcome pattern I've developed.

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 06:46:05 PM »

Hello jedigirl.

My current pattern at the moment is similar to yours. I spend a good hour in a state of anxiety every morning, I am actually still tired and want to sleep some more but I can't. I'm convinced that the adrenalin/anxiety is what is waking me up. 

I've never had intense night sweats but if something wakes me I realise I'm a bit sweaty however my mood is okay and I can always get back to sleep, it's later, when I wake up properly that the trouble starts.

I think you are right it is all part of morning anxiety or the general anxiety of the menopause ( to illustrate my point I've just had a power surge and feel wobbly having felt absolutely fine all day, oh the joys...).

Wishing you well.

K.

jedigirl

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »

Hi Kathleen, thanks for post. I think yr right that it is adrenaline waking us I often wake with my heart thumping and have to take big breaths to calm it. I also find that I don't get flushes now, hrt helped that, but can wake a bit sticky and smell sweaty though I had a bath before bed. I feel normal tonight , though shattered, hectic week at work. Take care and in the morning I'll read these posts again to take heart!  ;)

SueRoe

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 08:17:14 PM »

I think babyjane is right and that the low blood sugar levels we have at this time of the night/morning play a part. They certainly do for me at any time of the day. I can be completely overwhelmed by worry if I'm hungry, and be irrational too. It helps me to get up briefly and have something fatty to eat (a spoonful of cream cheese does it for me - sugar just makes things worse) to stave off the worries before they get a hold. Worth a try?   

ariadne

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:12 PM »

Hi jedigirl, I posted this quote free recently after a friend put it on FB. I found it made a lot of sense.

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed and incapable of doing anything."

Its important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night.

Remember to put the glass down!

Ariadne xx

jedigirl

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »

Freda, thanks , I do try to eat regularly when I can though nausea is another problem I have lately and when it's bad I struggle.
Ariadne, love the quote thanks! Happily my anxiety eases in the early evening and I can relax . Think I would be demented otherwise! It is good to remind ourselves to relax and not hold those negative thoughts  :)