Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Question - itchy rash  (Read 3710 times)

winnie17

Utrogestan Question - itchy rash
« on: January 14, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »

Hello to everyone, this site is a wonderful resource - this is my first post and my question is about utrogestan?

After trying a number of types of HRT and getting questionable advise from a gyno, my menopause clinic has suggested evorel patch (just using half) and utrogestan (100 per night) to ease symptoms and try to balance out my hormones. Things seem to be working well BUT i have developed a very itchy rash (antihistamines and cream are not helping, so allergy looks unlikely and wash powder etc has not changed).

I wondered if any of you have knowledge of utrogetan causing one. It flared up a few weeks after starting it.

Many thanks
 :) :)

Taz2

Re: Utrogestan Question - itchy rash
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 05:01:31 PM »

Hi winnie - it is down on the list of side effects I think.

Taz x

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:47:29 PM »

Hello winnie17 and welcome to the forum.

I've just read the patient information sheet in my packet of Utrogestan 100 and it is listed as a possible side effect. Gotta say it isn't one I've experienced yet so maybe I haven't been trying hard enough lol.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

winnie17

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:50:26 PM »

Thank you Taz, Kathleen and Stellajane.

I read it was in peanut oil but I don't normally have reactions and the rash has been quite intense. I am going to come off it and see, My gyno at the clinic replied to my email that it might be due to it. I have an appointment next week at the meno clinic and will update about it for others.
It is annoying as it has helped me sleep, completely stopped my sore/lumpy boobs and reduced anxiety and made me feel more balanced!! Annoying to say the least.

Thanks for you advice.
 :) :)

debq

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »

Hi,

I know this was posted a long time ago, but just wondered if you figured it out?  I've been taking utrogestan for three months and feel fantastic, however, I've had a very itchy rash on my lower abdomen for over two months.  It's driving me crazy!!

Thanks
Debbie

Briony

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »

It's a side effect I have had with both Utrogestan and the prog part of the combined pill. It's got better each month to the point I no longer  notice it. A few days during month one drove me nuts!