Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Change of HRT - heavy discharge!  (Read 4987 times)

renee

Change of HRT - heavy discharge!
« on: January 05, 2015, 06:05:17 PM »

I just wondered if it was normal to get such a heavy yeast type discharge with changing from Climagest to Femoston about 9 days ago.

I have suffered from vaginal dryness so this seems odd to me.

Thanks for any advice x

Dancinggirl

Re: Change of HRT - heavy discharge!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:36:10 PM »

I doubt the change in HRT would have caused this discharge. It sounds as though you have or have had a bout of thrush.  If you suffer from vaginal dryness then it is much easier to get thrush or bacterial vaginitis. If you are still getting vaginal dryness even though you are on systemic HRt then some local oestrogen might help e.g. Vagifem - many women need systemic and local oestrogen.
Also using vaginal gels like Hylaofemme or Multi Gyn Actigel can keep the flora balance right in the vaginal area and prevent infections taking hold.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 06:36:44 PM »

When I stopped taking The Pill [25+ years ago] I immediately had thrush - for the 1st time so yours is probably hormonally linked.

What are you using for the dryness?

renee

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 07:36:13 PM »

I don't use anything for the dryness, I thought it was because of the change of HRT.
Im now also getting sore boobs!!

It's definetly an excessive discharge....never thought of thrush?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 07:47:28 PM »

Maybe if you talk to your GP/Practice Nurse about vaginal atrophy and if necessary begin treatment.

renee

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 05:32:45 PM »

I bought over the counter cream incase it was thrush but it hasn't helped so Iv made an app with my doc for next week.....this is a new symptom for me!

Have very sore boobs too since starting Femoston 1/10 nearly 2 weeks now!!

Not sure what's going on x

renee

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »

I kinda agree Stellajane x

Im just back from speaking to the lady pharmacist at my local chemist and she said Im either run down (Im just recovering from a bad bout of flu!) or it's the change of HRT.

Iv got an app with my doc next Thur, Im just not getting on top of this meno symptoms.....as one goes away another pops up. Not long recovering from 2 bouts if IBS...along with all the other stuff I get. It's not fair, Im really upset and try my best to keep myself healthy!!!

Grrrrr xx