Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 6130 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »

At the start of the year hen my GP was treating me for anxiety/depression and just giving me ADs I was also offered CBT
It didn't do much for me. I am very self aware anyway. My anxiety arrived so suddenly and for no tangible reason that it just made no sense. The only other time I have ever experienced anxiety like it was when I had PND after my first child was born.

That started to make me suspicious that there might be something hormonally involved? I then found Professor Studd's website and read his theories on hormonally induced depression/anxiety and I felt like crying because I recognised myself and my symptoms immediately.

Also my anxiety arrived, out of the blue, whilst we were away for the weekend. I remember being annoyed that my period was due that weekend but it never really started. Just some light spotting. Never had anything like it before. I think all that happened was that for the first time I hadn't ovulated, so only had a very light bleed and my oestrogen was very low. The anxiety started seeping in very quickly then. I had a few normal days but lots of really bad ones. t's a real shame that not one of the three GPs I saw noticed there was a pattern to my anxiety and mood swings.

My GP just fobbed me off with ADs.
Pages: 1 [2]