Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Feeling overwhelmed  (Read 13158 times)

SallyG

Re: Feeling overwhelmed
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2015, 06:23:09 AM »

I can relate to all of these posts. My most challenging symptom is anxiety. I feel shaky and fearful on my bad days. It is horrid. I seem to have lost confidence this year. I am 51 in 10 days  and the symptoms seem to have kicked in big time since  July - although I was loosing it at work before that. I have had bereavement as well. Not an easy year. I worry my husband will get fed up too. I am seeing a therapist to try and deal with the anxiety and am reading about CBT in order to challenge the thoughts I have. I am going to see Dr Annie Evans next week…so I am doing all I can. I just find it hard to accept that I feel so anxious a lot of the time and its hormonal.Thanks for your honesty.
Sally G

jedigirl

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 08:08:21 AM »

Hurdity, I understand what yr saying thanks. I do tend to have some sort of a period early in the progesterone phase yet it seems to be when i come off it i feel worse so I do think the fluctuations of my own cycle not helping.
Sallyg hugs to you, its not easy is it? X

Kathleen

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 10:33:33 AM »

Hello ladies.

I can relate to so much so what has been said and I also find the anxiety the worst part. Like many ladies I am not sure if the quivery/jittery sensations are the result of anxious feelings or the cause of them, all I know is that they are horrible and I wish they would go.

Sending hugs to fellow sufferers everywhere.

K.

jedigirl

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »

Thanks Kathleen, weirdly today I dont feel quite so anxious but feel very nauseous and have a rash under the skin on my cheeks. This all indicates hormones to me but no idea what to do, if anything, about it. Am already on HRT , so don't know if it doesn't suit me or whether it needs longer to work. So confusing

jedigirl

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 02:20:59 PM »

I'm really wondering whether I should cut a quarter off my Femoston  tablet this evening to see if I feel any better. Has anyone tried this? Am on 2/10 so that would make it 1.5 mg of estradiol. I hate this nausea, am struggling to eat today and back at work tomorrow. Aaargh!

toffeecushion

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

Glad you are feeling less anxious today.  I am feeling a bit better too.  I am on day 8 of my cycle and wonder if that has anything to do with it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »

Keeping a food/mood/medication diary is important!

If nausea over-took I could never continue with the medication  :-\

jedigirl

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 02:49:28 PM »

Clkd will try that thanks.
Toffeecushion I'm on day 6 of my cycle, feel more nauseous but less anxious, good grief! About to try and eat Sunday lunch with the in laws! Will have to manage something or they worry. Wish me luck!! X

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »

Oh how I struggled with food over the years  :sigh: instead of saying 'tuck in, enjoy, I'll eat later when I'm hungry' ………  ::)

jedigirl

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »

I wish I could say that CLKD but they're elderly and have seen me become too thin since all this kicked off so they worry and then I feel so guilty. Was nice to see them and my mum too and managed a small amount though i had a horrible wave of pain in my stomach while we were there. I honestly don't know if its the anxiety causing the tummy problems or the other way round.

toffeecushion

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »

Well done for sticking it out.  I know what you mean though, I don't know if the anxiety is because of how I feel or I have anxiety because of my hormones.

robotwars

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 07:18:01 PM »

I know how you feel, glad im not alone, been feeling down all day with pains across stomach that comes in waves, not sure if its anxiety or hormones, or a bit of both...its good to know so many feel the same and we are not alone!

jedigirl

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »

robotwars, tummy pains were my first big indicator of peri, though looking back there were other not so obvious ones. I had weeks of tummy pains, always starting when my period ended. I always thought hormones were the culprit and the doctors agreed once they'd done loads of other tests. It's still horrible when it comes on and not easy to keep positive. It helps me now knowing that it does pass and I'll have a few good weeks again. Soldiering on!!

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2015, 08:04:55 PM »

What does being elderly have to do with your problems? that was then, this is now.  You are *allowed* to be firm, it took me years to tell others that I am not eating with you - their problem if they don't like it!  Sometimes I couldn't even be in the same room as them at meal times.  I got so that I took my own grub when visiting his relatives because they didn't eat when promised and my medication was time dependant   â€¦â€¦ and I have to eat before I get hungry or I get pains, shakes, nausea ……. then can't eat for days  :'(

If they didn't like it tuff - I told them to treat me like a diabetic  ;) who has to eat regularly.

You could have wind spasms because your gut is empty.  Been there ……… <sigh> ….. perhaps eating before the visitors arrive, a small plate of biscuits and a cuppa  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »

If you had gut problems before starting HRT then transdermal is definitely to be preferred! Also if you are also having digestive problems this can affect the absorption of the oestrogen into your bloodstream.

Here is what it says on this site about route of HRT ( ie transdermal or tablet)

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/route.php

If you are having a period at the beginning of the progesterone phase then it does sound like your own cycle kicking in which might explain some of your odd symptoms! Not sure what to suggest about that.....

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4