Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding during phase 1  (Read 1772 times)

Glass.half.full

Bleeding during phase 1
« on: January 05, 2015, 06:36:12 PM »

Hi ladies,  I've been on HRT girls 7 months now.  Initially my period was all over the place, sometimes one in phase 1 and a lighter one in phase 2.  Now I just have a period during week one of phase one which is the oestrogen phase.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

Dancinggirl

Re: Bleeding during phase 1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:45:55 PM »

You should just get a bleed in the first week of the oestrogen only phase which is what you are experiencing - so don't worry.  When you first started taking the HRT your body took a bit of time to settle and get used to the hormones so you had some erratic bleeds. You are supposed to get a bleed within a few days of starting the oestrogen part(phase 1) of sequential HRT so if you get a bleed 1-3 days after finishing the progesterone stage (which includes progesterone plus oestrogen and is probably what you describe as phase 2 ) then this is what should happen.  Dg x

Glass.half.full

Re: Bleeding during phase 1
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »

Oh thanks for that Dancinggirl.  I must have misread the info as I thought I was supposed to get the bleed during the second phase.  Doh!   Thank goodness for this website  ;D