Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Years resolutions  (Read 8336 times)

honeybun

New Years resolutions
« on: January 01, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »

Anyone made any.

Mine are the usual I think. I would like to get back to regular walking. I am a fair weather walker.....so that cuts out a few months of the year. The dog hates the rain as much as I do. I like a beach walk but usually end up perched on a rock watching the waves.

Need to get fit before I seize up.

Honeyb
X

Dancinggirl

Re: New Years resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »

2014 taught me to 'live in the moment' and not 'try to be all things to all people'.  My resolution is to treasure each day and let tomorrow take care of itself.  DG x

bramble

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:21:59 PM »

I have started regular walking come fair or foul weather . Hope to build it up over the next few months. Plus add a yoga class per week at the gym. That should give me over the minimum of half an hour 5 days a week. My challenge over the past few weeks is to get out of the house every day even if just for a 20 min walk. It may not seem much of a challenge to those of you with family and busy lives but it has been a bit of a challenge for me. I hope to keep it up. In a nutshell, get more active! And eat more fruit! And less chocolate!
Bramble

Dulciana

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »

As I said in another thread, get fit and trim up!   :gym: :hapij: :gym:
Dulciana

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:13:17 PM »

What - no chocolate covered fruit  :o  ;D

More walking.  Take time to smell the roses or what ever is in flower each month.

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:19:45 PM »

Resolutions. 1. Not to fret about the small things.
                  2. Find the joy in the small things.
                  3. Buy a special seat for my bike, that won't leave me sore and get cycling.
                  4. Walk more, carry on with yoga and find some other exercise that I won't hate. ::)
                  5. Work towards Grade 4 singing and take the exam.
                  6. Sing on my own in public.
                  7. Not to see the inside of an ambulance! Any drama will be kept for the village panto!

Galadriel

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »

1. Laugh more
2. Drink less (dry January already under way :o)
3. Trim up - the last thing DH and I did on New Year's Eve was book our holiday for 2015
4. Keep going to yoga
5. Maintain my monthly trip to the beauty salon for a facial.
6. Pass my Project Management exam in February  ::)

I think that's plenty to be going on with.

Galadriel x

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »

Something that came to me recently is 'facts, not feelings' and I want to try and apply that when I find myself getting in a state with worrying and fretting over what might be (what if.....)

Trying to look at the facts of a situation instead of being consumed by feelings about the situation. In other words trying tot to fear and dread things in case they happen and trying to take an objective view of the situation in front of me.

Oh dear that's a garbled mess. For example travelling home the day after Boxing Day we encountered very heavy, stop- start traffic congestion. As soon as I saw the red tail lights stretching as far as I could see the panic set in and I grumbled, fretted, moaned and groaned for the whole extra 2 hours we were held up wondering if I was going to need a wee or whether we would be back in time to collect the dog or whether we would get home at all (illogical).  these were my feelings.  The facts were that our journey was going to take longer and be slower than usual but we would get home eventually, the dog was fine where he was and if I really needed a wee we could stop.

I waste so much physical and mental energy fretting and worrying about 'what if....'  :(

Dulciana

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »

Resolutions. 5. Work towards Grade 4 singing and take the exam.
                  6. Sing on my own in public.

Go for it, Ju Ju!

Dyan

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 04:32:56 PM »

To eat healthily most of the time, keep up the walking, strider & yoga and read more.
I haven't read the books I got for christmas last year (2013)and I have 3 new ones from Xmas 2014.

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 04:45:24 PM »

Thank you, Dulciana!

You're so right, babyjane. We all live in our heads, but what we think and feel is attached to our experience and emotions and often not based in reality. It's actually much easier and far less stressful to go with the flow and accept things. After all you're not likely to influence what's going on by getting stressed.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 06:20:03 PM »

Not to shout at the TV as often - 'cos I can't influence it can I  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »

I so want to be fit despite my aching joints. Need to get out there and walk. I am also trying not to over think things and cope with them as they happen. I have spent the last eight weeks holding my breath through hubbies treatment and it has taken a toll on my health. I really need to try and control that a bit better.

I wish everyone luck with their resolutions for the year.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »

Not good with resolutions. Never keep them.  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 10:45:21 PM »

Dull, dreary weather is the wrong time to make changes.  Better once the buds begin to break in the hedgerows, when there is obvious hope of clear skies and nicer weather.