Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Really Good News - and a few questions?  (Read 2018 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Really Good News - and a few questions?
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »

I am peri menopausal. After (short-sightedly) turning down HRT from my consultant 2 months ago, I then went on to have a dreadful episode of severe PMS related low mood and anxiety. It ruined my festive celebrations and completely took the shine off Xmas. It's been 3 months since I actually felt like having sex, and I never know when I'm going to have a decent night's sleep.

In desperation I called her secretary to get another appointment, only to be told she was fully booked for 8 months  :'(

Saw my GP this week who said she wouldn't prescribe me HRT herself, but would write to my consultant to ask for advice. But she warned me the whole process could take several weeks if not longer.

I was devastated. I just cannot have another episode of low mood/anxiety like I have just come through (symptoms disappeared as soon as my period started). It was too horrible for words.

But - the clinic have just called. They have a cancellation and my consultant can see me next week  :)  :)  :)

So happy - but feel slightly nervous. This feels like such a big step. HRT is like bringing the really big guns out isn't it?

Will my libido come back? Will my sleeping improve? Will I have a bit more energy again? 

Joyce

Re: Really Good News - and a few questions?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:50:24 PM »

Your persistence paid off then. Well done.

Hopefully consultant should be able to answer all your questions. Take a list, so you don't forget anything.

Briony

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:05:37 PM »

Good luck - let us know how you get on x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 11:15:55 PM »

Take a list with you!  Have a read of the menus, left of screen.  HRT is often replacing what our bodies are no longer making ………. hence the title  ;)

Let us know how you get on!