Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starting HRT at age 73??  (Read 20489 times)

Taz2

Re: Starting HRT at age 73??
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »

If your mum has her uterus she will have to add in a progesterone. Products such as Vagifem don't need a progesterone because they are low dose but are only useful for vaginal symptoms.

Taz x

FlorayG

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 08:39:51 AM »

I don't think my insomnia is 'an age thing' - for a start, I'm only 56, and for another I'm waking up in the middle of the night, not at 5am like my elderly mother does (she really does need less sleep at night and a nap during the day, but she doesn't wake up after only 3 hours sleep)
I don't want to go on HRT as this seems to be my only problem at the mo and it seems a bit extreme. Just wanted to know what other people do when they are lying there wide awake.

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 11:13:20 AM »

I get up Floray. I have found that by going to bed at around 1 I sleep until 3 and then dose until it's time to get up at 6. I've never been good at sleeping though and have always woken up just enough to know that I've woken up if you know what I mean every fifty minutes or so. It's a pain. I know that at 56 you are not "old" but the term often refers to those over 50. Not sure if there is anything useful here to help you get a better night's sleep http://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/how-to-sleep-well-as-you-age.htm

What time do you go to bed?

Taz x

FlorayG

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »

I'm usually in bed by 10pm at the latest - I have to be up at 06:00
I love to sleep though and at weekends I can easily manage 12 hours ( if I don't get insomnia!)

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 08:03:21 PM »

I still get up at the same time at the weekend - I find that if I try to lay in I feel like I have a hangover and also then have problems getting to sleep that night. I seem to have settled into sleep at 1ish and getting up at 6 and that suits me ok although I do get tired but I just can't seem to stay asleep for longer. I don't think I've ever slept for twelve hours!!

Do you go to bed at ten and then wake at 3? That's what would happen to me!

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]