Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: how do you know if your on to high Oestogen??  (Read 19969 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: how do you know if your on to high Oestogen??
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »

I'm waiting for my consultant to fax through a script to my GP for HRT.

These last 6 months I have noticed that around the time of ovulation I have felt almost euphoric with a weird dreamy happiness. Everything in my life seems really rosy. It feels fantastic  ;) But, the downside is that I have been experiencing more and more intense periods of low mood during my luteal phase. This month was the worse yet. Zero energy. Totally emotionally numb. Like a statue, going through the motions. Horrible.

I would be a very, very happy woman if HRT could give me that same wonderful level of raised oestrogen happiness all month long, but I expect I won't be that lucky. At best I expect I will feel more samey samey through the whole month with no highs or lows?

Professor John Studd believes that many women diagnosed with bi-polar actually are suffering from a hormonal imbalance instead. I can believe that. Three days ago I felt utterly dreadful. So low. Today I have felt on top of the world and bubbling with optimism. All caused by pesky oestrogen.

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 04:33:27 PM »

If only we could recreate that feeling GypsyRoseLee!

I think it's hard to replicate that with exogenous oestrogen ie not our own - because of the delicate balance between all the hormones and feedback between them, that occurs in our bodies naturally, and of course because when we add extra oestrogen we need to have extra progestogen which of course can then override the positive feelings!

In terms of lessening the extreme fluctuations in both hormones - I know for oestrogen this is relatively easy - in HRT we are given a constant dose which adds to our own during peri-menopause, and then prevents the extreme low which can occur during the second part of the cycle. However the added progestogen during the second half of the cycle can make some women feel worse.

The most natural way to take it of course as you know if you've read Prof Studd's site, is transdermal estradiol ( patch or gel) with bio-identical progesterone. This doesn't suit everyone either because of the high doses of progesterone that are needed to get enough into the system to keep the womb lining thin.....

I would love to know if there is any woman out there (with a uterus!) who has managed to recreate the euphoric happiness and wonderful feelings we experience mid cycle (when we are fertile) - well into post-menopause and how they have done it!!

At least you know the reason you feel as you do GypsyRoseLee!

Since becoming post-menopausal I have never felt like that - ever! No highs, no lows - although progesterone is a bit of a downer (fatigue, sometimes migraine, foggy head - but I only put up with this every 5-8 weeks). Still, on the positive side, the alternative to me would be far worse - I imagine I would still have no highs, but would feel much lower in mood all the time and perhaps anxious and with other unpleasant or uncomfortable physical symptoms so I can't complain!!  :)

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 09:05:36 PM »

Hi Hurdity the implants are reversible getting one every 28 days. My own hormones kept mucking up hrt. Spoke to my consultant yesterday and he says with the symptoms ( painful & massive breasts. Quick appearing strong anxiety and burning body my symptoms said way too high eastrogen. Was on 5 pumps with a small quarter in the morning & was going fine. New years day overslept by 3 hours so dose was late. Next day tingling started up with flushes. Having arranged to go back to work after 8 weeks off I panicked and went to six which consultant had approved at visit previous week. Omg hours later mayhem body on fire boobs agony and severe sexual urges again. Next day dropped dose back down but not settled. He has advised me to go back to 4 1/2 pumps. Within 2 days anxiety gone but boobs still agony. I always have really bad tingling on changing doses. Does it make any difference to split the two doses to 2 1/4 as would be equal amounts? Really sorry this is a storry. I have also to make sure doses' are exactly 12 hours apart x

Dandelion

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 10:07:53 PM »

I thought, that with oestrogen, well, biological oestrogen, you cannot have too much, because the body just excretes the excess.
I am not stating this as fact though as I am not sure, because, I never got any the wiser by reading up on it, because there is a lot of inaccurate and untrue information out there, so it's hard for someone like me to know what to believe.

donnacrichton

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »

I don't know the science in it but sure new it was too high. Within hours of reduction massive reduction of anxiety and burning. Dropping it slowly as to try and not make a huge imbalance. I used to think your body would just take what it needed. I have been told my body seems to react to any slight change in medication. I have noticed a huge difference when I started applying gel properly and not massaging in until dry. Only found this out when looking through this site
 ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]