Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Not sure if this is an adrenaline surge  (Read 5006 times)

Tabbycat

Not sure if this is an adrenaline surge
« on: December 27, 2014, 11:58:18 AM »

I have a new symptom  ::) that at first I thought was the adrenaline surge I see mentioned on here a lot, but I've just been reading up on that and I don't think it is.

What happens is, out of the blue I get a really uncomfortable and very strong ****ly feeling all over. You know that feeling you get a few seconds after you trip and nearly fall over, or miss your footing on the stairs and nearly fall down them? It's exactly like that. (Hopefully, everyone gets that - if it's just me then none of this will make any sense.)

It only lasts a minute or so, and I get very hot at the same time (although it's not a flush).

If it's not an adrenaline surge, what the  :cuss: is it?

Taz2

Re: Not sure if this is an adrenaline surge
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »

This sounds just what happens to me before a hot flush Tabbycat. You get that horrible feeling and then go hot. I'm not sure how getting hot isn't a flush?  :-\

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »

Oh I can get very hot but don't have the all over obvious body flushing ….. i.e. that which spreads from the chest upwards into the scalp.  That's why a friend went onto HRT 12 years ago, she worked in a service industry and the HRT spared her from the embarrassing all over red flush.

My hot spells were a sudden onset of feeling beady …….. like I was in a sauna.  From the waitst upwards.  No obvious flushing though.

Tabbycat

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »

Ah, okay, so maybe it's a hot flush then! I didn't think it was bad enough - I just get a bit hot, no sweating or anything and it doesn't last long.

So far anyway...

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 08:36:55 PM »

Hi Tabbycat. Hot flushes often happen a couple of years before hot sweats. I had this. Hot flushes for around eighteen months with occasional night sweats before the hot flushes became full blown sweats. My symptoms would be a slight feeling of doom followed by a bit of a feeling in my tummy as if I was going to need the loo. My heart rate would then increase quite a lot and the flush would then start.

Taz x

Tabbycat

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 08:44:32 PM »

Oh great  so there's worse to come?  :o I'm 52, I thought I might be getting near the end of this by now (I started peri about ten years ago).

Does it ever end? And if it does, is there anything of you left?

toffeecushion

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 08:47:54 PM »

I get this and I think it's a hot flush :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 07:55:25 AM »

Everyone is different Tabbycat so don't be despondent. Peri lasts on average around eight to ten years before going into meno proper but it does get very confusing as some women get no symptoms and others are floored by them. It stands to reason that hot flushes/sweats will worsen as your oestrogen levels become lower as you go further into menopause but not everyone finds this. I'm not sure how far you are? Do you still have periods?

Yes there will be some of you left but menopause is for ever - it's just that the symptoms change and improve over time.

Taz x

Tabbycat

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »

Hi Sparkle, I'm glad it's not just me - that makes me feel slightly more "normal"! ;D

Taz2, I'm really not sure how far along I am. I stopped having periods about two and a half years ago - was on hrt for 18 of those months but had to come off it recently because I was bleeding (irregularly).

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »

Does that  mean you had a year without bleeding before starting HRT? If so then you are no longer peri but post (I think!). Because you were on HRT your symptoms will have been masked so to speak so it's like you are just beginning your proper meno journey now you are off HRT. You may find that you will never get stronger flushes than you have a the moment. Fingers crossed!  :)

Taz x

Tabbycat

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »

Let's hope so!

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »

:bighug:

donnacrichton

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »

I also get that feeling like I get before you fall usually I get hot straight afterwards.