Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel 50 problem  (Read 2800 times)

jasmine5

Evorel 50 problem
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »

I've changed my hrt from Estradot 50 to Evorel Conti 50 approximately two- three weeks ago on the advice of the Gynaecologist.  The problem being I haven't stopped bleeding since.  It's exactly like a normal period with all the trimmings, dragging pains, sore boobs etc.  I've cut the patch in half a few days ago in the hope that this will stop the bleed but no signs as yet.  I'm getting so fed up now and want to go back to Estradot or is it a sign that I need a lower dose hrt?

How long should I persevere with this?

Jas x

Taz2

Re: Evorel 50 problem
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »

Hi Jasmine - it is really common to have bleeding when starting on a conti HRT but usually settles within a few months. Some women however, me included, have constant bleeding and this can be a problem. Most women do find the bleeding stops within six months but this can be a nuisance. It should say in the information leaflet that breakthrough bleeding is one of the side effects.

Which progesterone were you using with the Estradot?

Taz x

jasmine5

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »

Thanks Taz

Its was Utrogestan 100 and Estradot 50.  I've actually returned to this 2 days ago as I really couldn't go on any longer.  On top of the bleeding and having to use tampons again I was starting to become so sore, dry and very itchy down below.  I presume that is down to the tampon use. 

I was actually quite happy on my old regime but the Gynaecologist persuaded me to change as he said it was easier to use a conti patch than the other two.  I might pay my Gp a visit to discuss other conti options but feel a bit reluctant to change again given the bleeding problems.

Jas xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 11:15:17 PM »

If the other regime suited you jasmine then I would definitely go back and ask to be put back on that one. You could spend a long time finding another one which worked as well. I wonder whether the conti patch is cheaper for the surgery than the two different preparations which may be the reason the change was suggested.

Taz x