Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sad, spotty and very, very itchy  (Read 2684 times)

Briony

Sad, spotty and very, very itchy
« on: December 22, 2014, 07:59:29 PM »

Can anyone throw any light on why I am suddenly feeling so  rough after my bleed/period rather than before?  It's like PMS except it's a week after I started bleeding and ten days after I stopped Utrogestan. My skin has been itchy all day, especially on my head and face (like I have nits that have taken LSD and want to make a run for it down my body!) and my cheek spots are worse than ever - sore and ugly (but unsqueezable  >:(). Also woke with a headache and was weirdly tired after lunch. Can't work out why this is happening now.  Just want to curl in a ball and cry  :-\

Any advice appreciated x

(Am 42, peri and in week 7 of Evorel 50/Utrogestan regime. Estrogen was 40 in August but FSH normal).

Millykin

Re: Sad, spotty and very, very itchy
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »

Oh Briony I'm same at the moment just finished a bleed and now spots, itchy feeling, hair and nails dry, headaches, nausea, anxiety kicked in today haven't felt like this for good few months and Xmas just days away go figure. Few weeks back I had cold sores nose and lips they went and I thought great I'll be ok for Xmas nope!
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »

HORMONES  :( ….. the itchiness for me was when the oestrogen began to drop off - my insteps were first, usually once socks were off and into the bath.  But various parts of me itch at different times of the evening …. across the back of my neck, shoulders, inner thighs  >:(

I remember that crashing fatigue from the days when I had periods …...

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 08:20:49 PM »

Ye the itchiness at back of neck, it's the first bleed in a good few months, never felt it coming on just appeared and thought oh that's not bad but I'm paying now!
X

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »

I don't remember being itchy through my teens etc though  :-\

samweller161

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »

I get itchy at the back of my neck and under my right armpit!  What I usually do in the morning is use a body scrub on my neck which seems to help a bit.  My scalp itches only when I think about it (or somebody else mentions it!)  :).  I use the Aussie shampoo and conditioner which is helpful.

Have had a few spots on my chin but am drinking loads of water which is helping - and keeping to a mediterranean diet as much as possible.

I am 48 and have just started on HRT - again, it seems worse just after my period has finished rather than beforehand, weird ...

S

Briony

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 12:46:41 PM »

Thanks to you all for replying. You can't imagine what a difference it made yesterday. My partner now has to work in another part of the country for five days a week, so to have your advice when I felt so miserable and lonely was so appreciated. Can't talk to anyone else as I get that "but it's 'just' hormones - man up" look which makes me feel even worse!).

Millykin - isn't weird we're getting this after our periods? I usually have lovely nails and this week, every one one has snapped (perhaps I was scratching too hard!). Don't need a scarf as so many head hairs have fallen out and landed around my shoulders (why can't this happen to the ones on my chin?!!).  I am so tempted to add on half a patch more - but equally scared I could bring on a whole new set of problems. Hope your headache is easing today?

x

PS Anyone found a good way of hiding the fact you're itching 'there' when in public company? I found myself doing a strange little jig the other day to try and calm things  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »

Oh that's brought back a memory - had to dash to the 'ladies' for a scratch ……..